The Student Room Group

Bad results, not sure what next

I study Psychology, Maths, Biology & Chemistry. In A/S I got BCDE respectively and carried onto A2 dropping Psychology (stupid choice). So I got my results today and I absolutely failed them ending in DEU. Obviously it is not good enough to even go through clearing and im not even sure if my school is going to allow me to resit A2.

What do I do?
Aw :frown: commiserations. Really sorry to hear that.

Best to have a thorough discussion with people at your school and they will help you consider options. Have you considered a foundation course or other options?
I would contact your school now (if they're still open) and ask them about resitting if they say no search for local colleges that will let you to resit.
Original post by JH18
I study Psychology, Maths, Biology & Chemistry. In A/S I got BCDE respectively and carried onto A2 dropping Psychology (stupid choice). So I got my results today and I absolutely failed them ending in DEU. Obviously it is not good enough to even go through clearing and im not even sure if my school is going to allow me to resit A2.

What do I do?

DEb is 150 UCAS points - it may be enough for Clearing somewhere, possibly with a foundation year :smile: What were you hoping to study?
Reply 4
I've contacted the school through email and waiting for a reply, since their telephone system is down for some reason. I wanted to do Pharmacy and I know I have the ability to do it but the linear change just caught me off guard. I wouldnt mind doing a foundation degree but im not sure on what steps to take.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Becca-Sarah
DEb is 150 UCAS points - it may be enough for Clearing somewhere, possibly with a foundation year :smile: What were you hoping to study?

DEb? I was hoping to study Pharmacy or something similar
Original post by JH18
DEb? I was hoping to study Pharmacy or something similar

The U doesn't count, but your b at AS does. I know Kingston had Pharmaceutical Science with Foundation for 160 points earlier today - might be worth giving them a shout?
Reply 7
The U doesn't count, but your b at AS does. I know Kingston had Pharmaceutical Science with Foundation for 160 points earlier today - might be worth giving them a shout?

I live in Leeds and im not sure if I would be comfortable at a London uni but yeah ill try them soon if I can find the page, thanks. :smile:
Original post by JH18
I live in Leeds and im not sure if I would be comfortable at a London uni but yeah ill try them soon if I can find the page, thanks. :smile:

It's outskirts of London so not a typical London feel to the uni...

One alternative might be Sunderland - they have a BioPharmaceutical Sciences programme for which the requirements are:

"You will need an A level (or equivalent) in chemistry and three passes at GCSE grade C, including Maths and English, or the equivalent."
Reply 9
Dont worry about it too much, maybe talk to your form teacher and the careers advisor, they should help you. Dont be disheartened, getting bad results is not the end of the world, some people dont even do a-levels and get a job. :smile:
Reply 10
It's outskirts of London so not a typical London feel to the uni...

One alternative might be Sunderland - they have a BioPharmaceutical Sciences programme for which the requirements are:

"You will need an A level (or equivalent) in chemistry and three passes at GCSE grade C, including Maths and English, or the equivalent."

I see, but the U was in chemistry so what would that mean? Thanks Lola
Original post by JH18
I see, but the U was in chemistry so what would that mean? Thanks Lola

That would make getting into any kind of pharm course a little more tricky...
Foundation year
Re-sit
Clearing maybe
Reply 13
That would make getting into any kind of pharm course a little more tricky...

Yep that's what I expected :frown: what about biology related or maths?
Original post by JH18
Yep that's what I expected :frown: what about biology related or maths?

Maybe take a step back and think about what you want to do. Biology and maths are both competitive courses, and maths is very hard to get into. It's worth re-sitting, for employment purposes as well. I would take a year out to do an apprenticeship/work while choosing modules to re-sit and then applying to university afterwards, if your mind is still set on this. You don't want to waste money on a worthless degree.
Original post by JH18

Hi there, I can understand why you might be unsure about studying in a London Uni but have a read of our students thoughts about studying here on our ASK US website as many of them actually say that it is the location which is one of the best things about Kingston. There is also the top 5 blogs where you can read more about what the students top 5 things to do in and around Kingston are.

We are also not directly in London, so it is not quite as daunting (or expensive) as maybe a centrally based London uni is!
If you want to give us a call then the number is 0844 842 9599
Good luck with what ever you decide to do,
Kind regards
Kerrie

Unleash your Potential
www.kingston.ac.uk/clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending