The Student Room Group

Will taking an extended diploma level 3, reduce my chances of getting into Uni?

Got my AS results today, not too good. I got a Distinction* in IT, C in history and D's in English and Computing. These aren't good enough to carry on at the sixth form I am at and so I'm looking at colleges. I'm thinking of taking an extended diploma in IT at a nearby college, but would taking this reduce my chances of getting into Uni?
I'm looking to go to Liverpool John Moores.

Repilies are appreciated.
Most universities accept BTEC extended diplomas alongside A levels what are you planning to study at uni? I myself did BTEC IT before going onto uni so it is possible but it entirely depends on what course and uni you apply to.
Reply 2
Original post by Black Cat
Most universities accept BTEC extended diplomas alongside A levels what are you planning to study at uni? I myself did BTEC IT before going onto uni so it is possible but it entirely depends on what course and uni you apply to.

The course I want to do is 'IT and Multimedia Computing'.
Original post by liamisntrich
The course I want to do is 'IT and Multimedia Computing'.

First of what you want to do is find several universities that are of interest to you that offer IT and Multimedia and Computing. If you're unsure about the entry requirements then do not hesitate to contact admissions office at these universities. They will give you more insight regarding the course requirements make sure that you do some research e.g course modules, course reviews etc.
Yes, universities do accept BTECS. A girl from my level 3 class goes to the Liverpool uni :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
No not at all 95% on universities accept BTEC and Liverpool John moores only want DMM for Multimedia Computing

Quick Reply

Latest