The Student Room Group

Pharmacy with BBCC AS grades?

I want to study pharmacy and with these grades I think if i resit a few modules maybe I can achieve an ABB, AAB if im lucky. I have a few questions:

Is it achievable or am I hoping for too much?

Also how do predicted grades work? Will my sixth form give me higher predicted grades if i ask/beg them or will they stick with my AS grades?

What unis do you think will even consider me with these grades? I wanted to apply to DMU, bradford and nottingham.

Anyone with any similar experience, please do reply, much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Afghan Warrior
I want to study pharmacy and with these grades I think if i resit a few modules maybe I can achieve an ABB, AAB if im lucky. I have a few questions:

It will be pretty challenging to upgrade from BBCC to AAB, unless there was a particular reason for not doing so well that can be put right very easily in a retake.

Also how do predicted grades work? Will my sixth form give me higher predicted grades if i ask/beg them or will they stick with my AS grades?
School policies vary; many will go with your AS grades, some will respond to 'begging' though we do not recommend this, as it increases the chance of rejection or an unachievable offer.

What unis do you think will even consider me with these grades? I wanted to apply to DMU, bradford and nottingham.
You need to check out the entry requirements and see how they match what you expect to be offering.
Original post by Minerva
It will be pretty challenging to upgrade from BBCC to AAB, unless there was a particular reason for not doing so well that can be put right very easily in a retake.

School policies vary; many will go with your AS grades, some will respond to 'begging' though we do not recommend this, as it increases the chance of rejection or an unachievable offer.
You need to check out the entry requirements and see how they match what you expect to be offering.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

Hello,

It may not be one of the universities that you mentioned, however your grades would be enough to get into our university. All the course details can be found on this link. The School of Pharmacy will be housed in our brand new Joseph Banks Laboratory which opens in September. In regards to predicted grades, it's probably best to speak to your teachers, they will be best placed to help you predicting your grades.

Hope this helps
Reece
(Student Ambassador - Undergraduate Biomedical Science, Postgraduate Marketing)

Hi,

Our clearing team will be happy to speak to you about your options and give you advice based on your current grades!

Just ring our clearing hotline on 0300 023 0603 :smile:

Best of luck!
Original post by University of Bradford
Hi,

Our clearing team will be happy to speak to you about your options and give you advice based on your current grades!

Just ring our clearing hotline on 0300 023 0603 :smile:

Best of luck!

shouldn't the clearing line be used for A2's for the moment?
Original post by games211
shouldn't the clearing line be used for A2's for the moment?

It is primarily there for A2 students but our team would be more than happy to provide any information or advice AS student need if they're free!
Original post by University of Bradford
It is primarily there for A2 students but our team would be more than happy to provide any information or advice AS student need if they're free!

I'll ring in another time, I think it's fair to leave the hotline for A2 students only as it's mainly for them.

Thanks for your reply though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Warrior;49371393" Afghan="Afghan"]I want to study pharmacy and with these grades I think if i resit a few modules maybe I can achieve an ABB, AAB if im lucky. I have a few questions:

Anyone with any similar experience, please do reply, much appreciated :smile:[/QUOTE

A boy in my college has got into Bradford to do pharmacy with cccc last year and bbv this year don't stress
Reply 9
My brother has been in a loooooong road in his endeavour to get in to pharmacy, he redid a year and still didn't get in and had to do a foundation course and then transfer to pharmacy only a really good uni (Portsmouth) offered him a place afterwards. So basically, don't despair you've done really well and have some decent grades, a levels aren't eat anymore and considering there was no January exams you should be proud of yourself. With a lot of hard work at A2 you can easily get yourself a place in pharmacy, just be sure to make a good personal statement and be prepared for uni interviews because the course is very competitive. Good luck :smile:
Oh and I forgot to add that Nottingham do place a lot of emphasis on the interview stages
Original post by BRQ
My brother has been in a loooooong road in his endeavour to get in to pharmacy, he redid a year and still didn't get in and had to do a foundation course and then transfer to pharmacy only a really good uni (Portsmouth) offered him a place afterwards. So basically, don't despair you've done really well and have some decent grades, a levels aren't eat anymore and considering there was no January exams you should be proud of yourself. With a lot of hard work at A2 you can easily get yourself a place in pharmacy, just be sure to make a good personal statement and be prepared for uni interviews because the course is very competitive. Good luck :smile:
Oh and I forgot to add that Nottingham do place a lot of emphasis on the interview stages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BRQ

What happens during the interview stages at Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Itsmonique
What happens during the interview stages at Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I remember, it was a group interview and you'll be amongst other applicants, it was also general knowledge based questions on pharmacy; more to test your enthusiasm rather than aptitude for pharmacy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending