The Student Room Group

My firm choice released me but my track didn't change

Hey guys.

I applied for adjustment and got a place at a uni, and they asked me to ask my firm offer to release me into clearing (I didn't get this as I applied through adjustment and made that clear) but I asked my firm offer to release me into clearing anyway.

I called my firm choice uni and asked them to release me and they said they will, I then later received an email confirming they did.

Now when I check on track it still says the same thing as before, that my firm choice offer is unconditional, even though they've released me. I really need to be entered in to clearing so that I can add my new uni as a choice in clearing, what can I do?

Reply 1
Track probably will update at 6 reflecting the change, if not im sure other advice will help
Reply 2
Original post by alpen
Track probably will update at 6 reflecting the change, if not im sure other advice will help

Thanks, I hope so!

If anyone else knows anything about this then please say :smile:
Reply 3
BUMP - I'm panicking now :frown:

I phoned UCAS, they told me to wait or to call my firm choice uni to make sure they released me. I did and my firm choice told me that my new choice uni I applied to through adjustment need to accept me through adjustment and not clearing (and that's what they've done, accepted me through clearing - it says in their email). I don't even know how I'm eligible for clearing as my firm released me but it's still showing as unconditional on track. Is that why my adjustment choice uni's offer hasn't come yet? Because I'm not eligible for clearing and they supposedly offered me a place through clearing?

I phoned the uni I applied to through adjustment and their lines are closed. So I emailed them but they probably won't reply until tomorrow.

What can I do? Will my offer from my adjustment choice be rejected by tomorrow? I received both a verbal and email offer from them :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending