The Student Room Group

QMUL Biomedical Science places 2014

Hi, my name is Nikhil and I will be studying biomed science at Queen Mary's starting from September this year. It would be cool to meet other people who also have offers for this course and perhaps make some friends beforehand as well.
Reply 1
Original post by Nikhil123
Hi, my name is Nikhil and I will be studying biomed science at Queen Mary's starting from September this year. It would be cool to meet other people who also have offers for this course and perhaps make some friends beforehand as well.

Hi did you take Chemistry at A level in order to do Biomedical Sciences at Queen Mary's ?
Reply 2
Original post by PriyaPaul
Hi did you take Chemistry at A level in order to do Biomedical Sciences at Queen Mary's ?

yeah I did chemistry, edexcel if it helps
Reply 3
yeah I did chemistry, edexcel if it helps

Yeahh thanks, I was considering dropping Chemistry. Queen's only asks for ABB including Biology, is it ok if I drop chemistry. What do you think ? :smile:
Reply 4
Yeahh thanks, I was considering dropping Chemistry. Queen's only asks for ABB including Biology, is it ok if I drop chemistry. What do you think ? :smile:

You probably could drop it and it wouldn't matter because the QMUL website says Biology is a requirement, it doesnt mention chemistry...dunno about Queen's though
Reply 5
You probably could drop it and it wouldn't matter because the QMUL website says Biology is a requirement, it doesnt mention chemistry...dunno about Queen's though

Sorry, yh I meant QMUL. Do you know others who have dropped chem, but have been offered places with Biology and two other subjects
Reply 6
Sorry, yh I meant QMUL. Do you know others who have dropped chem, but have been offered places with Biology and two other subjects

no sorry don't know anyone like that
Reply 7
no sorry don't know anyone like that

Ahh right thanks anyway. Ohh and Congrats :smile: Wish you all the best with your course
Reply 8
I'll be joining qmul biomed too :smile: didn't get the grades for dentistry but they were nice enough to give me biomed to try again :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Sar_13
I'll be joining qmul biomed too :smile: didn't get the grades for dentistry but they were nice enough to give me biomed to try again :smile:

cool, i was going for dentistry as well initially so i guess it will have to be post grad
Reply 10
cool, i was going for dentistry as well initially so i guess it will have to be post grad

Oh cool :smile: I thought I'd be the only one, yeah my plan is doing post grad as well. Do you have your accommodation sorted?
Reply 11
I'm gonna be staying at home and commuting and then hopefully in y2 I will get a flat with a couple of friends, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
I'm gonna be staying at home and commuting and then hopefully in y2 I will get a flat with a couple of friends, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, I live near Thorpe park so commuting may be an issue for me..hoping to get a place at the mile end campus if I'm lucky.. Did you apply for dentistry this year?
Reply 13
Yeah I applied for dentistry this year
Reply 14
Yeah I applied for dentistry this year

Do you know anything about how many people are on the course and where the teaching is?
Reply 15
Dunno about how many people but I think teaching is at the mile end campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending