The Student Room Group

Official Cambridge Freshers' Thread 2014!

Congratulations everyone and welcome to the Cambridge Freshers' Thread for 2014!

Here we can discuss the panic and excitement of starting at Cambridge - and how scarily real it's all finally become :woo:

Let the celebrations commence:bl:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AHHHH!!!! Can't believe we're actually starting this :redface: :crazy:

Bring on October!! :tongue:
Original post by DRob95
Nope I don't think so, just on Facebook I'm guessing?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566096096816546/

News from your college SU (We're not a JCR at Jesus, that's far too stuffy and old fashioned :wink: )
Reply 3
Original post by smile:D
Nice- I was also considering Taekwando. I'm just looking for something with a fitness and self-defence component really, but there are so many to choose from :teeth:

Yeah, I'd like to get fit and I used to practice Taekwando many moons ago, so I really want to get into it again. I'm sure the reality of membership fees will help us whittle down our choices eventually! :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by dlaiden
Yeah, I'd like to get fit and I used to practice Taekwando many moons ago, so I really want to get into it again. I'm sure the reality of membership fees will help us whittle down our choices eventually! :tongue:

Haha probably, especially with insurance and stuff. Still I can imagine myself as one of those people who signs up to everything at freshers' week :tongue:

Edit: is it even a freshers' week at cambridge, or is it like a freshers' couple of days?
Reply 5
Haha probably, especially with insurance and stuff. Still I can imagine myself as one of those people who signs up to everything at freshers' week :tongue:

Edit: is it even a freshers' week at cambridge, or is it like a freshers' couple of days?

Oh man, nearly forgot about insurance costs! Yeah, I see myself signing up and then quickly trying to get out of stuff. :tongue: I think it's around three days, actually, I'm not sure.
Reply 6
This is so exciting! :woo:
Reply 7
Original post by dlaiden
Oh man, nearly forgot about insurance costs! Yeah, I see myself signing up and then quickly trying to get out of stuff. :tongue: I think it's around three days, actually, I'm not sure.

I don't know your college, but freshers' guides are here if you want to look

Caius doesn't have one yet :angry:
Reply 8
Original post by PurpleSquid
mee!
i'm scratching my head right now as to how to begin the 'accepting the offer' email to the admissions people hmm

That would be

Dear Sir or Madam:

You ****ing better believe that I'm coming!

Very truly yours,

PurpleSquid
Reply 9
I don't know your college, but freshers' guides are here if you want to look

Caius doesn't have one yet :angry:

Neither does Fitzwilliam :mad: Looks like our colleges are currently feeling a bit out of the loop too...
Congrats to everyone for making your offers!

Spoiler

Reply 11
That seems so weird :rolleyes:. It's weird that I have to stop saying 'hopefully' when people ask me where I'm going to uni :colondollar:. Someone should organise a TSR meetup- that would be cool

It is so lovely to give a straightforward answer, haha. Yes, that would be brilliant! Will have to wear tags with our usernames to identify each other... :lol:
Original post by degasgirl
I met my offer for History of Art at Jesus! I got A*A*A so I am over the moon! But I haven't seen any other HofA Camb students about.. they're probably off doing cooler things, like a gallery visit to celebrate..

Anyway, such a relief! :smile:

Haha, fellow Jesuan here! :smile:
Reply 14
whew... after a year of waiting due to visa issues, I finally get to go!

but so long out of the education sphere and I'm not sure if i'll cope haha! It's going to be a rough start...
Original post by hairclip
I got in !! Christ's BioNatSci :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Christ's Mathmo here :biggrin:
Reply 16
Doing maths at magdalene.
Original post by Principia
Christ's Mathmo here :biggrin:

Christ's Economist here :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!
My name is Hope and I'm in to St Catharine's to do English!
Congratulations to everyone who has made it today :smile: I will see you in October! :excited:
Original post by ClickItBack
Congrats to everyone for making your offers!

Spoiler

Thanks :biggrin:.. My offer hasn't been confirmed yet though so I started getting a little paranoid and thinking "did I really meet my offer? Or did i just mishear the school secretary when I called for my grades?o.O"

Quick Reply

Latest