The Student Room Group

4 B's at AS FOR DENTISTRY TOO LOW? HELP

Hi all, today I received 4 B's (chem boil maths and history). My history grade was one mark of the A and maths was 3 marks. Im considering remarking. should I bother applying for dentistry or is it a lost cause? Thank you
Original post by mass_
Hi all, today I received 4 B's (chem boil maths and history). My history grade was one mark of the A and maths was 3 marks. Im considering remarking. should I bother applying for dentistry or is it a lost cause? Thank you

With history I would definitely consider a remark as I presume you will be dropping this for A2 and as it's such a high B it's unlikely to go down to a C. Maths is not very likely to change but I suppose if money isn't a issue you might as well. With regards to dentistry if you get predicted AAA you could apply tactically especially if you have strong GCSEs/UKCAT but unfortunately the odds are not in your favour. Main thing is you work hard and get at least AAA and then you can apply during a gap year if it doesn't work out this year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Moved to Dentistry forum :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by littleangel9914
With history I would definitely consider a remark as I presume you will be dropping this for A2 and as it's such a high B it's unlikely to go down to a C. Maths is not very likely to change but I suppose if money isn't a issue you might as well. With regards to dentistry if you get predicted AAA you could apply tactically especially if you have strong GCSEs/UKCAT but unfortunately the odds are not in your favour. Main thing is you work hard and get at least AAA and then you can apply during a gap year if it doesn't work out this year.

Than you, if you were in my position would you apply?
Original post by mass_
Than you, if you were in my position would you apply?

It's hard to say. First of all do you think your teachers will predict AAA? If no than personally I wouldn't apply as you stand no chance of getting an offer but if they did predict AAA and I had an excellent UKCAT score and GCSEs than I would.
Reply 5
Original post by littleangel9914
It's hard to say. First of all do you think your teachers will predict AAA? If no than personally I wouldn't apply as you stand no chance of getting an offer but if they did predict AAA and I had an excellent UKCAT score and GCSEs than I would.
I think I would get predicted three A's and I've manged to line up some work expeience in my dental surgery this summer. I have voluntary work at the hospital and at GCSE'S I had 5 a* 6 A's 1b
Original post by mass_
I think I would get predicted three A's and I've manged to line up some work expeience in my dental surgery this summer. I have voluntary work at the hospital and at GCSE'S I had 5 a* 6 A's 1b

Okay your GCSEs are decent, hopefully teachers predict AAA and you have work experience. Tbh it's not looking that bad my final decision would depend on the UKCAT score. Don't take my word for this as it's been a while but I think upwards of about 675 is considered a good/decent score.

Quick Reply

Latest