The Student Room Group

Cant remove firm offer

I want to get in to my insurance offer but my UCAS hasnt updated and I cant remove my firm offer, I've tried phoning them but they keep redirecting me to something that could take up to 5 days to use. Also I'm confused as it says I declined it before on the 8th of may but they reinstated it back 14th of august
Reply 1
Original post by Deadric
I want to get in to my insurance offer but my UCAS hasnt updated and I cant remove my firm offer, I've tried phoning them but they keep redirecting me to something that could take up to 5 days to use. Also I'm confused as it says I declined it before on the 8th of may but they reinstated it back 14th of august
Who is 'they'?
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
Who is 'they'?

Oh sorry I was a bit vague, I phoned coventry twice asking to withdraw me from the offer, the first time the people said they couldnt help me because my ucas hadnt updated, the second time they redirected me to coventry college which did ended the call after 5 mins of waiting
Original post by Deadric

What is your insurance? Is it also at Coventry?

You've been made a changed course offer for the course? If so then you either need to accept it on Track or ring up UCAS to accept it.

If you don't do anything then it will default to a rejection.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
What is your insurance? Is it also at Coventry?

You've been made a changed course offer for the course? If so then you either need to accept it on Track or ring up UCAS to accept it.

If you don't do anything then it will default to a rejection.

No my insurance offer is at staffordshire, my ucas hasnt updated yet so I dont have options to either accept or deny it, if I leave it to be rejected what will happen with my insurance offer?
Original post by Deadric
No my insurance offer is at staffordshire, my ucas hasnt updated yet so I dont have options to either accept or deny it, if I leave it to be rejected what will happen with my insurance offer?

OK you need to reject the changed course offer though - your firm can't reject it for you. Either try to decline it on Track or phone UCAS tonight to get it rejected.

Then ring staffordshire to find out how they want to you to do.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
OK you need to reject the changed course offer though - your firm can't reject it for you. Either try to decline it on Track or phone UCAS tonight to get it rejected.

Then ring staffordshire to find out how they want to you to do.

I'll keep trying UCAS but everytime I phone them they say the wait time is long but thats fine, however I get put straight through to an answer machine and whatever option I pick the call just ends straight after. How long do I have to decide? I dont know what the deadline is
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deadric
I'll keep trying UCAS but everytime I phone them they say the wait time is long but thats fine, however I get put straight through to an answer machine and whatever option I pick the call just ends straight after. How long do I have to decide? I dont know what the deadline is

What number are you calling?

0371 468 0 468 should be open til 8pm tonight.
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
What number are you calling?

0371 468 0 468 should be open til 8pm tonight.

Thats what I'm calling
Original post by Deadric
Thats what I'm calling

And you have no option on track to decline the changed course offer?

Have you tried logging out and in again (I know I know - but this is a UCAS system we're talking about!).
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
And you have no option on track to decline the changed course offer?

Have you tried logging out and in again (I know I know - but this is a UCAS system we're talking about!).

Nope nothing at all, the last time my ucas was updated was the 12th of august so nothing has changed to let me do anything :frown:
And when I call I just get answer machine, every time
Original post by Deadric
Nope nothing at all, the last time my ucas was updated was the 12th of august so nothing has changed to let me do anything :frown:
And when I call I just get answer machine, every time

On your screenshot it shows a changed course offer - what shows when you click "view"
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
On your screenshot it shows a changed course offer - what shows when you click "view"

http://gyazo.com/2f3da8f90ce1db6d78d45d3ad1884844 (I hope links are ok*, it's a direct link to a picture dont worry)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deadric
http://gyazo.com/2f3da8f90ce1db6d78d45d3ad1884844 (I hope links are ok*, it's a direct link to a picture dont worry)

Do you get any more options when you hit "more details?"

I've tried to dig round the UCAS website for some screenshots of where the option to accept/decline the offer is and I can't find anything :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by PQ
Do you get any more options when you hit "more details?"

I've tried to dig round the UCAS website for some screenshots of where the option to accept/decline the offer is and I can't find anything :frown:

Nope the more details thing isnt even a button ::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending