The Student Room Group

Question about Clearing and Access Diploma.

Hi everyone!

This might be a stupid question but do people with Access Diploma's also go through Clearing? I'm starting an Access course in September and I'm just curious and thinking ahead I guess? Hah :smile:
Original post by Aaryn
Hi everyone!

This might be a stupid question but do people with Access Diploma's also go through Clearing? I'm starting an Access course in September and I'm just curious and thinking ahead I guess? Hah :smile:

I imagine so as Access apply through UCAS, you would have to check if the Uni that is in clearing accepts Access to HE as not all of then do!
Generally no, as you will know you results as you progress through the course. You'll finish around May/June time, whereas A Level students receive their results in August. I had my offer made unconditional once I received my certificates.
Original post by Lethorio
Generally no, as you will know you results as you progress through the course. You'll finish around May/June time, whereas A Level students receive their results in August. I had my offer made unconditional once I received my certificates.

They can do if they don't meet their conditions. Also if they haven't made an application for whatever reason or don't want to do the degree/go to the Uni they've applied for
Original post by simplylldxo
They can do if they don't meet their conditions. Also if they haven't made an application for whatever reason or don't want to do the degree/go to the Uni they've applied for

Which is why I said generally.
Original post by simplylldxo
I imagine so as Access apply through UCAS, you would have to check if the Uni that is in clearing accepts Access to HE as not all of then do!

Any University that does not accept Access Diplomas are not worth going to anyway IMO.
Yes you can although depending on where you're applying to you may only need to pass the course anyway.

I've just finished my Access Course and everyone on my course either got what they needed or dropped out by Easter if they weren't on track. Because you get your grades through the course you'll know pretty early on if your offer is achievable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, you can especially if you need more than just the Access grades. I'm awaiting my Maths and English GCSE grades, both of which I need for my first choice, which I will get next Thursday.
My best advice though, if possible pick 2 unis which have different admission criteria (1 first choice and an insurance choice) that way you have one to fall back on.
Good Luck with your Access Course, I finished mine this year and absolutely loved it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
ive just completed the access programme yes you can apply through clearing however, this is only if you get declined from all other choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending