The Student Room Group

Clearing/Adjustment/Choices HELP!

My predicament is, basically I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice and want to apply to a course that is available in clearing and adjustment at another university. Can I do this? I have contacted universities and universities, they either direct me to another call or make me send an email that I am not getting replies to.
Someone help I'm so lost and confused :-(
Hi :smile:

Basically you need to release yourself from your firm by ringing them, and get entered into Clearing. Have you done this yet?

To get into adjustment you have to have exceeded your offer - have you done this?
Reply 2
Original post by leahoakley572
My predicament is, basically I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice and want to apply to a course that is available in clearing and adjustment at another university. Can I do this? I have contacted universities and universities, they either direct me to another call or make me send an email that I am not getting replies to.
Someone help I'm so lost and confused :-(

Have you exceed your offer? If yes, you can register for Adjustment and contact universities by phone. Be careful to confirm that you're just gathering information at this stage and only agree an offer with a university if you're absolutely sure you want it. If you don't find an alternative course, you still keep your original firm.

If you have not exceeded your offer, you need to ask to be released from the university you are currently holding a place at. Then you can get your Clearing number and contact universities about courses. The risk here is that you lose your original offer, and may not find an alternative.
Yes I have exceeded and been told I am eligible for adjustment!
So what you're saying is if I don't get an alternative course, that after my firm have released me, is my position with them still held?
As I contacted the university I know want to go to (Greenwich) and they said they can't guarantee places once I've got round to releasing from my firm and insurance... So if they then ran out of spaces after my firm and insurance have released me, what options do I have then?
Reply 4
Original post by leahoakley572
Yes I have exceeded and been told I am eligible for adjustment!
So what you're saying is if I don't get an alternative course, that after my firm have released me, is my position with them still held?
As I contacted the university I know want to go to (Greenwich) and they said they can't guarantee places once I've got round to releasing from my firm and insurance... So if they then ran out of spaces after my firm and insurance have released me, what options do I have then?

With Adjustment, you don't need to be released by the university. You just click the button on track to register for Adjustment, then call up the universities to ask about Adjustment. If you don't find an alternative, then you still keep your original firm. It's essentially a risk free version of Clearing.

It's worth reading our Adjustment FAQ sticky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending