The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

I got an offer from SOAS through clearing but?

Hi there,

I basically managed to get an offer from SOAS for International Relations beginning this year. I basically had a bit of an issue where I was doing 2 A levels at my school and 1 externally, and I had sought out another exam centre and put it down as my second establishment from where I would get my results. But my school actually allowed me to sit all my exams so I pulled out, but I forgot to update the details on my ucas application. However, I called up UCAS before I went to collect my results and they said as long as I told them I had made UCAS aware of the situation and that it would be fine.

When I got my results, I phoned SOAS immediately asking them. After waiting for a few minutes I was told I was given an offer, pending on the verification of my results.So, I sent them a copy of my results slip, to only get an email saying that the grades I'd shown on my results slip weren't the same as those shown on UCAS. So they asked my school to contact them directly with my results, which they did as soon as I asked them - which was about 6 hours ago now. I then called them and one of the people who picked up said that they would contact me once they read over my grades.

I'm really confused. I have an offer as the woman told me to put them down as a clearing choice, but I'm confused over the entire grade thing? I wouldn't lie so I don't understand. I have now put SOAS down as my clearing choice, and am now waiting, but has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? And should I call them back? Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply