The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance of getting into 6 year medicine with these A/S grades

6 year medicine is an extra year if you didn't take two sciences. I got an A in sociology, B in biology an B in psychology which are the ones I am carrying on with. My dropped health and social care I got an A in the coursework however the exam went terrible (50% of the grade) and I got a D overall so I am asking to retake just the exam. I know I can definately move my two Bs up to an A if I work really hard by the end of A2, is it still worth applying to A104 cardiff, uea and Manchester?
Original post by Samsw
6 year medicine is an extra year if you didn't take two sciences. I got an A in sociology, B in biology an B in psychology which are the ones I am carrying on with. My dropped health and social care I got an A in the coursework however the exam went terrible (50% of the grade) and I got a D overall so I am asking to retake just the exam. I know I can definately move my two Bs up to an A if I work really hard by the end of A2, is it still worth applying to A104 cardiff, uea and Manchester?

Don't most medicine courses require A-Level Chemistry?
Reply 2
That's why I said 6 year medicine, it's course a104 which includes an extra year for those who didn't do chemistry, infact you are not even considered if you took chemistry. A100 5 year course does require chemistry and biology but I am not applying for that one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending