The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL freshers week 2014

Today I found out I'll be going to UCL in September and am so excited!
And although I am really looking forward to freshers week I am a bit confused as to whether or not to buy tickets, because I literally know no one going to UCL! So if my housemates haven't got tickets, then I will be going completely alone..
I was just wondering what everyone else was planning to do!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizzie_a
Today I found out I'll be going to UCL in September and am so excited!
And although I am really looking forward to freshers week I am a bit confused as to whether or not to buy tickets, because I literally know no one going to UCL! So if my housemates haven't got tickets, then I will be going completely alone..
I was just wondering what everyone else was planning to do!!

hey honey! me too hahaha

i know no one but i'll be buying tickets to most things and going - it's important to have a go at things to meet as many people as you can :smile: i'm so nervous hahaha but it'll be worth it , much better than being alone all the time

you have housemates?! that's already like a solid base of friends , you'll be fine :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Yeah everyone is feeling like that atm. So far I've bought two event tickets, milkshake@ministry of sound and wild zoo rave@Piccadilly Institute. Then once they've gone on sale, I'll buy the other ucl events like fresher's ball, welcome@koko etc. Tbh as long as you buy tickets to big events I'm sure there's bound to be others going. Perhaps check on the ucl freshers fb/fb halls group if others are going to the same events you're considering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLL Fresherssss! :smile:. So when is freshers? My accomadation thing says my move in date/contract starts on the 20th of sept. Is this when Freshers start?
Original post by PharmacyDoctor
UCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLL Fresherssss! :smile:. So when is freshers? My accomadation thing says my move in date/contract starts on the 20th of sept. Is this when Freshers start?

that's what i'm a bit confused about because the events page says it all starts on the 17th of september (http://uclu.org/welcome-events-activities) but our contracts are three days later so idk
Congratulations on getting into UCL guys! I'm really excited to start!! :smile:
But I haven't bought any tickets yet :/ Not sure which ones to buy as I don't want to be the only one from my flat going

I'll definitely get the Freshers' Ball and KOKO ones when they are on sale :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by PsychStudent2610
Congratulations on getting into UCL guys! I'm really excited to start!! :smile:
But I haven't bought any tickets yet :/ Not sure which ones to buy as I don't want to be the only one from my flat going

I'll definitely get the Freshers' Ball and KOKO ones when they are on sale :smile:

Pretty sure things like Fabric, Ministry of Sound, Freshers' Ball will be popular enough so at least some people from your halls are going! Hoping so anyway cause I'm planning on buying tickets for them soon :smile: which halls are you in?
Original post by Jozden
Pretty sure things like Fabric, Ministry of Sound, Freshers' Ball will be popular enough so at least some people from your halls are going! Hoping so anyway cause I'm planning on buying tickets for them soon :smile: which halls are you in?

Yeahh I think I'll just get tickets for the main events where its guaranteed that I won't end up alone! haha
No news about my halls :frown: Has anyone else heard anything about their accommodation?
Reply 8
I feel really silly because everyone seems to know about this but me! Can someone tell me where they bought tickets for these things? also did all this information come from the uclu site or facebook (i'm not on fb yet so that might be why...)

edit: i think i found it all... I might buy an extra ticket to KOKO just in case... then if it turns out a housemate didnt manage to get a ticket I can just give it to them and that solves the problem of going alone haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Tbh if you have a spare ticket I'm sure there will be quite a few people who will want to buy it last minute

Posted from TSR Mobile
It says tickets only go on sale on September 1st?
Reply 11
Just got my confirmation.....I'm soooooo excited!!!
Reply 12
I haven't bought any tickets yet either. Will there be a chance to get tickets on the day or will they all sell out before then? Or if I don't get tickets for the events already on sale is it likely that there'll be other events I can go to or will I find myself alone in my room?
Original post by _=P_
I haven't bought any tickets yet either. Will there be a chance to get tickets on the day or will they all sell out before then? Or if I don't get tickets for the events already on sale is it likely that there'll be other events I can go to or will I find myself alone in my room?

Online it says that you can buy tickets online from the 1st and in person from the 17th so you might be able to get tickets the weekend we move in? But obviously things like Freshers Ball @ Ministry will sell out fast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by PsychStudent2610
Online it says that you can buy tickets online from the 1st and in person from the 17th so you might be able to get tickets the weekend we move in? But obviously things like Freshers Ball @ Ministry will sell out fast

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks. I think it might buy one or two in advance and then see what other people in my accommodation are up to, I guess I can always give the tickets to someone else.
Guys!!! How are you logging into UCL???https://uclu.org/user/login-options?destination=node/86806it says we need a UCL username and password...we dont even have one yet or is it only me? So how are you guys buying tickets
Original post by hotliketea
that's what i'm a bit confused about because the events page says it all starts on the 17th of september (http://uclu.org/welcome-events-activities) but our contracts are three days later so idk
Do you wreckon everyones is 20th? We can ask for it to be earlier so thats why I'm wondering hmm..so 20th is our moving in date and the start of fresherss I assume..ahh this is so confusing!
Out of the events currently up, it looks like the Freshers' ball @MoS, Fabric and KOKO are the best ones, or at least the 'must go' to events. Will probably just buy tickets on the 1st and hope that people I meet will also be going.
Reply 18
is anyone from London living at home? I think living in halls will be much easier to find friends to go with, but I'm living at home so I'm a bit worried that I won't know anyone :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by m7t4
is anyone from London living at home? I think living in halls will be much easier to find friends to go with, but I'm living at home so I'm a bit worried that I won't know anyone :frown:

Hey, I'm planning on living at home for the first year at least, save myself some money. But I also see the dilemma, where about are you in london? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending