The Student Room Group

Awful AS results....help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naomi288
No unfortunately I decided to only take three AS levels as I'd rather concentrate on just three subjects than do four and do bad in them all. I feel as though I have no hope in Russell group uni's now seen as though my other two AS grades were both at B's which don't seem to be good enough as the majority of RG uni's require AAB and with the D grade in biology on top, I'm not guaranteed my grade will go up if I do send it off to remark
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that....but you got BBD and i think its still possible to get even higher than AAB if your really determined...usually they predict a grade up so BBD can turn into.... AAC (if you resit bio well you could end up with a B overall). There are loads of threads for BBC grades to keep an eye on. A remark may be a good option for you as your firmly into a D so its unlikely they'll take you a whole grade down......if your close to the C boundary it could go up :smile:
HI
I really want to do medicine but I messed up big time and for AS ended up getting A D D E and that's awful for any medicine applicant.
I was wondering what my options are and what to do from here.
Whether I retake the year or I do all my As modules with A2 but if I do retake AS again that means I would have done A levels in three years, which medical schools don't like. So I am really confused
Please help
Original post by cuddledumpling
Aww, thank you... yayyy that gives me a lot of hope :biggrin: I want to do the resits and bring them up more because i had a bad year.....extenuating circumstances (developing a long term health condition)

Well you've already achieved really good AS grades, so if you've managed to do that with a health condition that has an effect on your studying then you've don amazingly! Some more hope for you, a friend of mine is going to do Law at a Russell group in September, she needed ABB (like me) and they let her in with BBB, so don't stress!
Original post by Thisisgirlworld
Well you've already achieved really good AS grades, so if you've managed to do that with a health condition that has an effect on your studying then you've don amazingly! Some more hope for you, a friend of mine is going to do Law at a Russell group in September, she needed ABB (like me) and they let her in with BBB, so don't stress!

Aww, thank you! :smile: My health condition has really affected studying especially my exams directly. Wow, they let her in that's such fantastic news! You've given me a ton of hope thanks :biggrin:
Original post by cuddledumpling
My personal tutor is a physic guy and looks down on any one who doesn't get A's in sciences.....my friends are literally all doing art subjects so have no idea.....my bio teacher thinks i should retake :smile:

Oh wow, that doesn't sound too good. Well, go along with what is best for you and just weigh out the advantages and disadvantages.
I just hope you do well in biology :wink: which you most likely will.
Original post by Lil3utterfly
Oh wow, that doesn't sound too good. Well, go along with what is best for you and just weigh out the advantages and disadvantages.
I just hope you do well in biology :wink: which you most likely will.

Not the best ahaha :rolleyes: Yes, I'll definitely attempt to weigh it all up....Thank you for all the good advice and I hope i do..... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest