The Student Room Group

AS Results- A little bit of a disaster. Advice?

:redface:I recently achieved my AS results, and they were not quite what I had hoped for :s-smilie:

English Literature -A
English Language -B
Mathematics-E
Geography -E

My English results are right on target, and I've been told that im expected to achieve As in both for the full A2 level, potentially even an A* for language. My other two however, were disastrous. I have already dropped maths but i was predicted an A in geography so im more than a little upset with the result, and id definitely be resitting the unit that went the worst, and my geography teacher reckons I could achieve a B or A overall if i resit the unit and get my predicted grade.

But having those Es is a little disheartening, and I'm worried it'll seriously affect my uni application
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KellyTheNerd
I recently achieved my AS results, and they were not quite what I had hoped for :s-smilie:

English Literature -A
English Language -B
Mathematics-E
Geography -E

My English results are right on target, and I've been told that im expected to achieve As in both for the full A2 level, potentially even an A* for language. My other two however, were disastrous. I have already dropped maths but i was predicted an A in geography so im more than a little upset with the result, and id definitely be resitting the unit that went the worst, and my geography teacher reckons I could achieve a B or A overall if i resit the unit and get my predicted grade.

But having those Es is a little disheartening, and I'm worried it'll seriously

Good results for English! English is considered as one of the harder topics too! My advice would be just to retake them, Trust me, going from an E to an A is not hard second time round.
Reply 2
Original post by KellyTheNerd
I recently achieved my AS results, and they were not quite what I had hoped for :s-smilie:

English Literature -A
English Language -B
Mathematics-E
Geography -E

But having those Es is a little disheartening, and I'm worried it'll seriously

Their better then mine so stay on the bright side 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would ignore your predicted A2 grades for now, since they have very little use apart from getting offers at uni. Focus on you personally can achieve. Perhaps aim for a C in geography and work your way up through the year.

Your results are absolutely fine and better than average (many people seem to get D-U grades in AS).

Perhaps your revision technique was a little off? Or you might not have dedicated as much time to it as usual? Or it could just be a streak of bad luck!

The important thing now is get back on the horse, and kick ass in Year 13. You've got your English results which is half the job done, now all you need to do is resit a few geography papers and perhaps alter your work style.
Reply 4
I forgot to mention that im aiming to apply to do English at University :smile: Before results day i was looking at some pretty top universities, and i absolutely adore St Andrews (AAA requirements i believe). But now in worried that no universities will consider me because of my other two results. Are russel group universities no longer worth considering anymore?
Reply 5
Original post by Iggy Azalea
I would ignore your predicted A2 grades for now, since they have very little use apart from getting offers at uni. Focus on you personally can achieve. Perhaps aim for a C in geography and work your way up through the year.

Your results are absolutely fine and better than average (many people seem to get D-U grades in AS).

Perhaps your revision technique was a little off? Or you might not have dedicated as much time to it as usual? Or it could just be a streak of bad luck!

The important thing now is get back on the horse, and kick ass in Year 13. You've got your English results which is half the job done, now all you need to do is resit a few geography papers and perhaps alter your work style.

You seem like a good person, see your posts a lot. I will pray for you 👼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I know how you feel about Geography, i'm also targeted an A and got A in my mock exams but i got a D overall, i do edexcel and the first exam i got a d and the second i got a c.... Pretty disappointed, the first exam was terrible though and i revised really hard for it!
Reply 7
Original post by Iggy Azalea

This made me feel an awful lot better, so thankyou :3 But just a quick question, how should i go about tackling a uni application? Are the top universities completely out of reach for me?

Quick Reply

Latest