The Student Room Group

Advice Needed

Hopeful medic here, now before I start I'd like to explain the school system. Being a private school my school doesn't cash in as results and only predicted grades therefore unis don't see AS results apart from the one you drop. Surprisingly I got a c in chem which was my strongest subject and A in bio, A in geog and B in maths. If I drop geog and convince my teachers to predict me 3 As while working ridiculously hard next year, will I still have a chance?
Reply 1
Sorry, accidentally placed this in clearing
Are you sure you can convince your teachers to predict you 3 As? Even in a private school, they may refuse to do this (indeed if it's a well known school, they'll probably value their reputation with universities more than one student).

Also, can you really achieve an A in chemistry next year while keeping your other grades up? Getting offers is only part of getting into uni- you also need to achieve the grades.
Original post by Agger2k12
Hopeful medic here, now before I start I'd like to explain the school system. Being a private school my school doesn't cash in as results and only predicted grades therefore unis don't see AS results apart from the one you drop. Surprisingly I got a c in chem which was my strongest subject and A in bio, A in geog and B in maths. If I drop geog and convince my teachers to predict me 3 As while working ridiculously hard next year, will I still have a chance?

Not being funny mate, but it doesnt matter which school you go to, if you apply through UCAS, all your AS results should be seen by the university. It doesnt work solely on predictions...
Reply 4
Original post by mobbsy91
Not being funny mate, but it doesnt matter which school you go to, if you apply through UCAS, all your AS results should be seen by the university. It doesnt work solely on predictions...

Nooo, I'm 10000 percent sure we don't, I confirmed with ucas as well, only the subject you drop
Original post by Agger2k12
Nooo, I'm 10000 percent sure we don't, I confirmed with ucas as well, only the subject you drop

Ok - then I can't help you
Reply 6
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Are you sure you can convince your teachers to predict you 3 As? Even in a private school, they may refuse to do this (indeed if it's a well known school, they'll probably value their reputation with universities more than one student).

Also, can you really achieve an A in chemistry next year while keeping your other grades up? Getting offers is only part of getting into uni- you also need to achieve the grades.

Yeah I understand but they predict high, 2 grades up is quite often which is one reason why quite a few people miss their offers however I honestly believe putting in the effort I can achieve it as unlikely it seems

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending