The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Likelihood of getting accommodation (insurance option!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by einnap101
Is Turing College not ready?
Also I know a few people who had Kent as their insurance and already have accommodation offers, should I be expecting one soon? Or am I grouped with clearing/adjustment students?

I also had Kent as insurance but I thought we only heard back from them in early September? I picked Turing first too so that's a bit odd. :s-smilie:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by dandelionxo
I also had Kent as insurance but I thought we only heard back from them in early September? I picked Turing first too so that's a bit odd. :s-smilie:

Well I called up and they said I should hear back in the next few days (that was on Friday), also I was told by someone else that if I applied before the deadline (which I did) then I should hear before clearing people...
So I'm honestly not sure haha.. I just want a self-catered ensuite :smile: gonna call them again on Wednesday maybe if I still haven't heard anything.

Did you know people are switching rooms because they want better ones, while some of us haven't even gotten an offer yet... that's not exactly fair is it? We'll be left with all the rubbish rooms :frown:
Well I called up and they said I should hear back in the next few days (that was on Friday), also I was told by someone else that if I applied before the deadline (which I did) then I should hear before clearing people...
So I'm honestly not sure haha.. I just want a self-catered ensuite :smile: gonna call them again on Wednesday maybe if I still haven't heard anything.

Did you know people are switching rooms because they want better ones, while some of us haven't even gotten an offer yet... that's not exactly fair is it? We'll be left with all the rubbish rooms :frown:

I really hope we hear from them soon, I'm just hoping there's still spaces left because I really can't deal with commuting (traveling to and from London everyday :frown:) or I'll have to look at last minute house shares or something.

And that really doesn't sound fair at all :/ I'm so anxious waiting to hear from them I can't even be really excited :frown:
I really hope we hear from them soon, I'm just hoping there's still spaces left because I really can't deal with commuting (traveling to and from London everyday :frown:) or I'll have to look at last minute house shares or something.

And that really doesn't sound fair at all :/ I'm so anxious waiting to hear from them I can't even be really excited :frown:

Hey guys.(just joined) I'm studying Law with a year in China..haven't found anyone else doing Law/the year abroad thingy*No idea of my accommodation either though.
I'm actually in the same boat as you guys. Kent was my insurance and I put Turing as my first choice of accom.

However, I do know that I'm in Darwin College...does that mean I get a room in Darwin? That wasn't even in my three choices...
That honestly sucks about people awapping rooms! I cant commute either but if my room isn't of a great standard it would be dissapointing!*
Original post by judithomoregie
Hey guys.(just joined) I'm studying Law with a year in China..haven't found anyone else doing Law/the year abroad thingy*No idea of my accommodation either though.
I'm actually in the same boat as you guys. Kent was my insurance and I put Turing as my first choice of accom.

However, I do know that I'm in Darwin College...does that mean I get a room in Darwin? That wasn't even in my three choices...
That honestly sucks about people awapping rooms! I cant commute either but if my room isn't of a great standard it would be dissapointing!*

Hey, I'm doing Law without the year abroad :smile: when did you find out your accommodation?
But if it says Darwin then that's where you are I'm afraid! I think I made Darwin my second/third choice preference and it seemed okay so I wouldn't worry too much?
Hey, I'm doing Law without the year abroad :smile: when did you find out your accommodation?
But if it says Darwin then that's where you are I'm afraid! I think I made Darwin my second/third choice preference and it seemed okay so I wouldn't worry too much?

Aw cool! :smile: I actually didn't get told at all. On the getting started page they tell you to sign in to choose your modules on the 27th...I just did a little snoop..signed in and clicked "my record" and it said College: Darwin

I would have at least liked one of my choices ha.
Aw cool! :smile: I actually didn't get told at all. On the getting started page they tell you to sign in to choose your modules on the 27th...I just did a little snoop..signed in and clicked "my record" and it said College: Darwin

I would have at least liked one of my choices ha.

I just did the exact same thing and apparently I have Keynes.. which I didn't apply for at all? I guess we're being randomly placed now :s-smilie:
I just did the exact same thing and apparently I have Keynes.. which I didn't apply for at all? I guess we're being randomly placed now :s-smilie:

That's weird. However, on the other thread I asked the same thing and someone said:
"I saw some people here who didn't receive any accommodation.I think you should contact the university by phone or by e-mail to enquire about your accommodation.They will look for your name in the database and tell you what the problem is.
And nope,rest assured,just because you're in Darwin college doesn't mean you'll have a room there! I think you'll have one of your three choices!"

So I think I'm gonna call them tomorrow as it is confusing.
That's weird. However, on the other thread I asked the same thing and someone said:
"I saw some people here who didn't receive any accommodation.I think you should contact the university by phone or by e-mail to enquire about your accommodation.They will look for your name in the database and tell you what the problem is.
And nope,rest assured,just because you're in Darwin college doesn't mean you'll have a room there! I think you'll have one of your three choices!"

So I think I'm gonna call them tomorrow as it is confusing.

You were right! I'm in Turing now :smile:
Hope it worked out for you!
You were right! I'm in Turing now :smile:
Hope it worked out for you!

you're lucky lol. I got Park Wood...none of my choices lol :/

But at least its ensuite aha. Happy for you :smile:
Reply 30
you're lucky lol. I got Park Wood...none of my choices lol :/

But at least its ensuite aha. Happy for you :smile:

I got parkwood too! Also none of my choices haha but I'm okay with it :smile: I'm in Nickle court, where are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Insurance people seem to be in Parkwood haha, that's where I am too :smile:
I got parkwood too! Also none of my choices haha but I'm okay with it :smile: I'm in Nickle court, where are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha.. I'm just relieved that is ensuite! I'm in Kemsdale Court KC5/F :biggrin:
Original post by micksocurly
Insurance people seem to be in Parkwood haha, that's where I am too :smile:

Whoop!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending