The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE History students?

Give yourself a little introduction to meet and greet :smile:
Reply 1
I always find these introductions awkward :tongue:.

I'm Tom 23 will be studying History at UWe in not too short a time. I'm from Swansea lived here for the past 23 year no sheep jokes please and thank you. I'll like long walks by the beach have a good sense of humour and am generally awesome :biggrin:

Just joking guys but that is the general jist :tongue:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
I am glad you were joking about walks on the beach, as Bristol's beaches are as fun a joke. I use 'beach' loosely.

I am Adele, 18 (but 19 by the registration day). I have always lived in Bristol so I am familiar with places. I'm a bit introverted but once we find a similar like it is easy to make friends. I like Korean music, TV series and really just the internet (and history of course.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by delicus
I am glad you were joking about walks on the beach, as Bristol's beaches are as fun a joke. I use 'beach' loosely.

I am Adele, 18 (but 19 by the registration day). I have always lived in Bristol so I am familiar with places. I'm a bit introverted but once we find a similar like it is easy to make friends. I like Korean music, TV series and really just the internet (and history of course.)

Yes it's what I'll miss most about Swansea/South Wales beautiful beaches and scenery in all directions :smile:.

I'm a huge music fan I will listen to anything as long as I think it's good :smile:. What's your favourite period of history or the one your most interested in :smile:?
Reply 4
Original post by Tom_91
Yes it's what I'll miss most about Swansea/South Wales beautiful beaches and scenery in all directions :smile:.

I'm a huge music fan I will listen to anything as long as I think it's good :smile:. What's your favourite period of history or the one your most interested in :smile:?

Having spent a Summer day on a beach in South Wales... I didn't know beaches like that could exist in the UK. Bristol doesn't lack scenery though so hope you don't feel too lost or home sick!

I like political, modern and American history. But honestly all history is interesting and I'd like to learn more about Romans and Asian history, and a chance to study the Cold War. How about you?
Reply 5
Original post by delicus
Having spent a Summer day on a beach in South Wales... I didn't know beaches like that could exist in the UK. Bristol doesn't lack scenery though so hope you don't feel too lost or home sick!

I like political, modern and American history. But honestly all history is interesting and I'd like to learn more about Romans and Asian history, and a chance to study the Cold War. How about you?

Haha they are very beautiful especially if you have the weather. Yes I love the west country the country and architecture of Bristol is beautiful :smile:.

And at the moment pre-Colombian North America, British History 1100-1600 focusing on the women their roles etc. Like you all History :tongue: Just not social history in the 1800's hated that at AS board me sensless :tongue:
Hello, I'm Evie. I'm 18 and I'll be studying the joint English and History course, so I'm 50% a history student :smile:

I'm a huge fan of reading (well, you have to be to study both English AND History!!!). I've lived in Bristol all my life, so I wont be homesick, but I'm excited to be doing something new with the two subjects I love! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hey Evie I love reading too :smile:. Favourite book?
Original post by Tom_91
Hey Evie I love reading too :smile:. Favourite book?

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I've been making my way home from America, so I haven't had much time for TSR! :colondollar:

I don't really have one favourite book; I've read so many!!! One of my favourites right now is 'Tess Of The D'Urbervilles', but I love so many others!!!
What's your favourite book?? :smile:
Reply 9
Hey I hope you had a great time in he states where did you visit?

And so funny you should mention Tess I was discussing that the other day. It's such a beautifully, tragic amazing book that raises profound questions at quite an early period in history. Hardy is fantastic :smile:.

And for me Wuthering Heights every time :smile:.
Original post by Tom_91
Hey I hope you had a great time in he states where did you visit?

And so funny you should mention Tess I was discussing that the other day. It's such a beautifully, tragic amazing book that raises profound questions at quite an early period in history. Hardy is fantastic :smile:.

And for me Wuthering Heights every time :smile:.

I went to Florida with my family; it was lovely!

Yes, Tess is beautiful!!! I'd love to study it in depth :smile:
Wuthering Heights is a hauntingly amazing novel: good choice for a favourite book!!! Luckily I'm going to be studying it in the English side of my course!
Reply 11
Awe I hope you had a great time :smile:.

And hopefully but just for pleasure is good too.

And I love WH as it's the only romantic novel with an ounce of realism too it :tongue:. Plus ties into my love for all things Kate Bush :smile:.
Original post by Tom_91
Awe I hope you had a great time :smile:.

And hopefully but just for pleasure is good too.

And I love WH as it's the only romantic novel with an ounce of realism too it :tongue:. Plus ties into my love for all things Kate Bush :smile:.

It was great, thank you!

Yes, I may have to re read it soon if I get a chance! :smile:

Those are all very respectable reasons for loving Wuthering Heights... especially those relating to Kate Bush :rolleyes:
Reply 13
I highly recommend any of the Bronte sisters. Also if you lie poetry Emily's is some of the best around.

And yes WH great book, great song, all kinds of wonderful ;p
Original post by Tom_91
I highly recommend any of the Bronte sisters. Also if you lie poetry Emily's is some of the best around.

And yes WH great book, great song, all kinds of wonderful ;p

Yes, I do love 'Jane Eyre'; Charlotte is brilliant! I'll have to read some of Emily's poetry too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending