The Student Room Group
I've always wondered that but it may be something to do with these Pride events that go on around the country... I could be wrong though!
Original post by simplylldxo
I've always wondered that but it may be something to do with these Pride events that go on around the country... I could be wrong though!

What even are pride events? I don't get it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Afghan Warrior
What even are pride events? I don't get it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please stay on topic :smile:
Original post by gandall
Racism is making fun or being prejudice of someone because elf the colour of their skin, something they cannot help.

Homophobia is making fun or being prejudice about someone because of what gender they are attracted too, which they also cannot help.

Homophobia is just as bad and should definitely be made illegal. Why is it not?

You can't compare racism with homophobia unless you've experienced both.
Reply 5
Original post by Black Cat
You can't compare racism with homophobia unless you've experienced both.

Ive experienced homophobia and it upset me greatly, I am just asking your opinions and don't mean anything bad from it, sorry if I offended :smile:
Original post by gandall
Racism is making fun or being prejudice of someone because elf the colour of their skin, something they cannot help.

Homophobia is making fun or being prejudice about someone because of what gender they are attracted too, which they also cannot help.

racism can be worse than that.

if you went for an interview for a job and the boss did not hire u despite the fact that you are the most qualified and rather hire someone else he favours because of race. that is racism too.
Reply 7
Original post by gandall

racism is worse because you can secretly be gay. you can never be secretly black.
Historical / cultural reasons, for example, religion.

Racism and homophobia are equally bad, however.

Incidentally, racism is not illegal.

It is illegal to discriminate on both the basis of race and sexual orientation in a professional environment.

/end thread
(edited 9 years ago)
Someone can hide being gay.

I can never hide being black.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are just as bad as each other. People shouldn't have to hide being gay. The truth is society is much more bigoted towards gay people than they are racist. Hence why it is still up for debate whether business owners can refuse to deal with gay people. That is no different than refusing to deal with black people in my eyes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
A. don't be a nelly queen B. hide skin color
Original post by xoflower
Someone can hide being gay.

I can never hide being black.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But a gay man shouldn't ever hide the fact he's gay...

Latest