The Student Room Group

Do you think the niqab (face cover for Muslim women) should be banned?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nerdygeek101
I think you need to get over your stereotypes mate. Muslims make up 20 percent of the world's population. If we were all bad, 'society' wouldn't exist.

Except no one said all Muslims were bad.
And Saudi Arabia was the only Islamic cuntry where the majority of public considered the niqab appropriate
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nerdygeek101
I think you need to get over your stereotypes mate. Muslims make up 20 percent of the world's population. If we were all bad, 'society' wouldn't exist.

What?
1. Where did I say Muslims were bad?
2. Infact where did I mention Muslims full-stop?
My post was solely to do with freedom of choice having it's limitations .You need to get over yourself mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by EscapeArtistsNeverDie
Fantastic post.

Thanks
Should be banned in places such as Shops and Banks, but not in the street.

Adding to this, any legislation relating to the wearing of the niqab, would not be exclusive to it, it will be a law somewhere along the lines of the covering of the face, not specifically the niqab.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well, I'm sort of on the fence with that. No, because all citizens should be able to express themselves freely regardless of the country they are in whether it be through their religious practices (within reason) or garments. I personally, would like to think that we are living in a society where all beings are respected for who they are, it is religious. Plus, Britain does not have to follow France and other EU states by banning the face veil- the United kingdom is a multi-cultural welcoming a diverse range of people. I don't see how wearing a niqab would pose a great threat towards our borders or even national security. Also, not to mention this would be violating their religious freedom...

However, I am open-minded about this issue.
Some of you brainwashed PC hippie brigade are one of the reasons why certain parts of this country is going downhill.
As a child seeing somebody dressed in such attire would terrify me,I purely find it disgusting,degrading and somewhat "alien"
All citizens should be required to dress responsibly in public.
Again we shouldn't allow individuals to be given special treatment when they're capable of understanding and partiscipating.
Ban it as it is inexcusable and threatening as you do not know whether it is a genuine woman or a potential threat.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ugh I hate them so much. It makes me uncomfortable. A part of me wants it gone that the other part knows it's wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending