The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Should I apply to LSE A&F?

Hi, today I got my AS grades AABB (Maths, Economics, History, Biology).

The two A's (Maths+Economics) are 96% and 98% so I will get A*A* predictions and the Biology was 2 marks off an A so I will get an A prediction.

So with A*A*AB predictions, but with AABB at AS level, would I have a chance of getting in Accounting & Finance at LSE?
Reply 1
I got AAAB with A*A*A predictions(achieved) and got in.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by RAV 123
Hi, today I got my AS grades AABBu (Maths, Economics, History, Biology).

The two A's (Maths+Economics) are 96% and 98% so I will get A*A* predictions and the Biology was 2 marks off an A so I will get an A prediction.

So with A*A*AB predictions, but with AABB at AS level, would I have a chance of getting in Accounting & Finance at LSE?

You meet the predicted grades requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by GandalfWhite
You meet the predicted grades requirements.

Do LSE care more about predicted grades or actual grades? Most universities seem to care about predicted more, but when it is a uni as competitive as LSE...
Predicted grades are used to identify those most likely to meet the academic requirements, to be shortlisted for possible offers. They help the uni reduce the risks of offering people who are unlikely to achieve the required grades. If you have actual grades then it becomes clear cut.
Reply 5
Hey guys im thinking about applying to A&F as well. I got these grades:

GCSE: 4A* 5A 1C

AS Level
Maths & Further Maths: A (83.5 UMS)
Economics: A (84 UMS)
Physics: A (87 UMS)

The UMS averages are pretty low so do I still stand a good chance of getting an offer? Im retaking C3 & C4 btw so i'll probably be predicted A* in Maths.
Original post by ddogg
Hey guys im thinking about applying to A&F as well. I got these grades:

GCSE: 4A* 5A 1C

AS Level
Maths & Further Maths: A (83.5 UMS)
Economics: A (84 UMS)
Physics: A (87 UMS)

The UMS averages are pretty low so do I still stand a good chance of getting an offer? Im retaking C3 & C4 btw so i'll probably be predicted A* in Maths.

Looks ok. Better if you can get one predicted at A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending