The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

TESOL, Modern Langues and Area Studies (FOUNDATION ENTRY)

Alright. Just confirmed my place on this course. Anybody else here going to be doing it come September?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am XD
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by Taseler
I am XD

I am sure we will heave heaps of fun studying foundation skills for a year. lol.

Which route you planning on for year 2?
Hello : )

I have just accepted my course too : )

i hope to go down TESOL and Korean what about you guys ?
Reply 4
My language I have chosen is Japanese XD however I hope I may be able to check out the languages in our foundation year to make sure I am happy with it. Are you guys going into accommodation? If so where?
Reply 5
Does anybody know what's the schedule for welcome week for this course? I couldn't accessed it for some reason~ :/
Reply 6
Hi, I'll be doing Japanese for the second year, but I'm going to have so much fun doing the foundation year first lol...
Reply 7
Original post by Thayer
Does anybody know what's the schedule for welcome week for this course? I couldn't accessed it for some reason~ :/

I don't know yet as I have only just got my confirmation email but when I know I will tell you :smile:
Reply 8
=Polyaness;49615279]Hi, I'll be doing Japanese for the second year, but I'm going to have so much fun doing the foundation year first lol...

Hi! It seems we have chosen the same language, it would be kinda nice to know someone before we get there and I'm sure foundation is gonna be fun too. Are you going into accommodation? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Taseler
=Polyaness;49615279]Hi, I'll be doing Japanese for the second year, but I'm going to have so much fun doing the foundation year first lol...

Hi! It seems we have chosen the same language, it would be kinda nice to know someone before we get there and I'm sure foundation is gonna be fun too. Are you going into accommodation? :smile:
I will be staying in Eden halls :smile:
I'll be picking Japanese in the second year and I'll also be in Eden Halls! :biggrin:. Have any of you guys studied the language beforehand or is everybody going in completely fresh?
Reply 11
I'm going to be in the Roeburn halls, not found anyone in my flat yet. As for the question I am kunda going in fresh, I understand a few phrases and I am trying to learn hiragana right now so it may help in the long run.
Reply 12
Original post by Thayer

I also cant access it, it says there is no records found for it
Reply 13
Original post by Taseler
I also cant access it, it says there is no records found for it

Thank you for checking it, Taseler!
Hmm that's awkward.. They said they don't provide paper copies either D:
Reply 14
Original post by Thayer
Thank you for checking it, Taseler!
Hmm that's awkward.. They said they don't provide paper copies either D:

We will probably have to message them about it.
Come liberty court for accommodation i am staying there for 2nd year been here since 1st

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hey! Yeah I will also be starting September. I don't know if any of you guys have started a Facebook group chat or anything like that , but feel free to add me on FB https://www.facebook.com/xdanny.jx.

I also desire to take the Korean language path too. Look forward to meeting all of you!
Hi guys!

I'll be doing this course soon. It's all too real.

To answer previous questions:

I hope to do Chinese in my second year and have experience in doing it. Although I may see if I can do Japanese too :smile:

and the welcome week timetable is here guys: https://welcomeweek.uclan.ac.uk/ProgInductTT/Matrix?entId=LCTEML1019&yr=99

- Jade
Reply 18
Awesome , thanks for the time table Jade!

You have experience in Chinese ?.

will see you soon!.

Danny
Original post by xdannyjx
Awesome , thanks for the time table Jade!

You have experience in Chinese ?.

will see you soon!.

Danny

Yeah. I did it in secondary school. I remember bits and pieces of it though :smile:

Hopefully I'll see you too

Jade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending