The Student Room Group

Would you feel happy or gutted?

Hey all its me again ( :rolleyes: ),

Today I got through my results for my remarks and found out that my Geography had gone up from a B to an A and my History had stayed the same; making my overall grade AAB. Earlier in the day I had logged in to UCAS to finally find Southampton had updated my place for the history course, much to my delight. I had really liked the area and the course and felt I would have a great time. Yet now I have my results through im back to my old feeling of being gutted and I cant explain why. Looking at it I wouldn't want to go and live in Manchester over Southampton. But I have a niggling feeling that with my grades I could have done better and that now I am suddenly shooting myself in the foot further down the line when I come to get a job. Am I being silly or is it natural to feel like this? And do you think that going to Southampton would be a daft move over taking a year out and applying on AAB (though I cant see anywhere location wise I would rather go).

Thanks
Reply 1
I know just how you feel. I have 4 As but am going to Lancaster,and I feel I should have done better.
But the fact is that the better universities rejected me, I have no idea why (except in the case of Durham). I don't want to take a year out, so I have determined to go to Lancaster and make the best of it. I will probably have a great time there and get a better degree than I would have done at my first choices anyway.
This is a problem with competitive subjects where there are dozens of well qualified applicants for each place.
Reply 2
Lizj
I know just how you feel. I have 4 As but am going to Lancaster,and I feel I should have done better.
But the fact is that the better universities rejected me, I have no idea why (except in the case of Durham). I don't want to take a year out, so I have determined to go to Lancaster and make the best of it. I will probably have a great time there and get a better degree than I would have done at my first choices anyway.
This is a problem with competitive subjects where there are dozens of well qualified applicants for each place.

Well glad its not just me who feels how I do :redface:
Reply 3
Well, if you really are determined to do better, than just do it. I think taking a gap year might actually improve your choices as you can do a lot to raise your chances of getting into a good university. As long as you have an A in History, you might be able to get a place in better universities, such as Kings or even UCL, LSE.

Latest

Trending

Trending