The Student Room Group

Failed As level twice what to do now?

Hi I got my results today and I basically got CEUU. C was in English Lang +Litt It's my second time repeating As level and my head of year basically told me to look at other options. I still really want to go to university, but I don't know what the other options are, what I would like is information or any advice on what to do, possibly try a course at a college? I have no idea what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look into access to university courses?
I myself don't know much about them, but it's another way into uni tht (I think) is less exam based

Posted from TSR Mobile
Continue the one you got C and E, and pick up a 3rd a level like sociology, finish your a2 levels, and once you get 100-200 ucas points you can go into a foundation programme, or degrees that are extended (for a year).

Or you can do an access course as mentioned above.

Though remember a2 is lot harder, I managed to get C's and D's in as level, but failed a2 dramatically, need to work really hard for it.
Reply 3
Original post by imconfused
Continue the one you got C and E, and pick up a 3rd a level like sociology, finish your a2 levels, and once you get 100-200 ucas points you can go into a foundation programme, or degrees that are extended (for a year).

Or you can do an access course as mentioned above.

Though remember a2 is lot harder, I managed to get C's and D's in as level, but failed a2 dramatically, need to work really hard for it.

Yeah but at my sixth form they said I had to get atleast 3 C's in the subjects in order to carry on to A2 they don't let you carry on without the 3 as passes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look for apprenticeships they train you to do professional jobs. Only need gcses and personality
Original post by Danwaters909
Yeah but at my sixth form they said I had to get atleast 3 C's in the subjects in order to carry on to A2 they don't let you carry on without the 3 as passes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you change sixth forms (not all sixth forms should be as strict as yours)? I mean its up to you, but when I did my a levels, I hated the sixth form I went to, and didn't like most of the subjects (or at least the way they were taught), and to be honest found subjects like physics just too hard, and had not much motivation to study...

Or if you don't like the subjects you picked, you could consider changing them, or if you don't want to do a levels any more you could do an access course (I believe most of them are about a year)
Reply 6
Can you change sixth forms (not all sixth forms should be as strict as yours)? I mean its up to you, but when I did my a levels, I hated the sixth form I went to, and didn't like most of the subjects (or at least the way they were taught), and to be honest found subjects like physics just too hard, and had not much motivation to study...

Or if you don't like the subjects you picked, you could consider changing them, or if you don't want to do a levels any more you could do an access course (I believe most of them are about a year)

Yeah I'm thinking of changing sixth forms maybe but the thing is I will be turning 19 in October, do sixth forms take students over the age of 18?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm thinking of changing sixth forms maybe but the thing is I will be turning 19 in October, do sixth forms take students over the age of 18?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes course they do, I know people who are in there early 20's going to sixth form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you thought about teaching yourself?
Reply 9
Yes course they do, I know people who are in there early 20's going to sixth form.

Oh okay that's something I'm definitely going to look at then, If I can get that I'd be more than happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
have you thought about teaching yourself?

Not really because the subjects I took were too hard for me anyway so I will most likely change them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

hey. do you know whether or not they are funded by the government or are they paying themselves ?

thanks
Original post by tnfr123
hey. do you know whether or not they are funded by the government or are they paying themselves ?

thanks

That I am not sure, you need to ask the places you apply.
Reply 13
Look into btecs? Plenty of great unis take them without many issues

(Though it depends on what you want to do)

Quick Reply

Latest