The Student Room Group

Should I still apply to Aerospace Engineering with these AS grades?

So I got my AS results and I got AACC in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics respectively. I did really well in maths I average about 90%+ in all maths exams. However physics is a C and the requirement is A*AA so I'm not sure if I still have a chance with that
physics grade. I'm hoping to apply to Bath,Bristol,Southampton,Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigboateng
So I got my AS results and I got AACC in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics respectively. I did really well in maths I average about 90%+ in all maths exams. However physics is a C and the requirement is A*AA so I'm not sure if I still have a chance with that
physics grade. I'm hoping to apply to Bath,Bristol,Southampton,Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi bigboateng,

As long as your teachers predict you A*AA (which means they think you can get it :smile: ) you should apply. Your maths grades are amazing, so with a little work in Physics you should be okay. Perhaps if you retake your Physics you can pull the grade up. One ambassador here managed to pull their AS Physics from a D to an A in A-level so don't panic and do your best!

Hope this helps!

Mary :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi bigboateng,

As long as your teachers predict you A*AA (which means they think you can get it :smile: ) you should apply. Your maths grades are amazing, so with a little work in Physics you should be okay. Perhaps if you retake your Physics you can pull the grade up. One ambassador here managed to pull their AS Physics from a D to an A in A-level so don't panic and do your best!

Hope this helps!

Mary :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I'm definitely retaking physics and since I'm dropping chemistry, I'll have more time to learn physics to bring he grade up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest