The Student Room Group

Is it acceptable to wear track bottoms?

I have noticed less and less people wearing track bottoms these days, which I think is a good thing.

However, I was in the Adidas shop yesterday trying to buy something some running gear (top, shorts, pants) and I baulked at buying the wind pants because I just cant see myself every wearing them in public.

Scroll to see replies

It's acceptable to wear almost whatever the hell you want. The only thing that matters is if you care what strangers think, for some reason.
They're acceptable to wear, I mean you can wear want you want... but it does depend a little on the situation. For example you wouldn't wear them at a formal occasion.
I just think that fewer people want to wear them. However, they're still pretty popular at sporting events and competitions. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're acceptable to wear - anything is. Just not to a party. Or a wedding. Or anything formal.

I guess the lack of popularity is due to the fact that they don't look good and can be considered a bit chavvy.
they are like 10x more comfortable than jeans
Reply 5
Of course it's acceptable, there's no reason for it not to be. If you're outside doing some form of exercise or sport, you're not exactly gonna be wearing jeans and a jacket are you? I used to rock Nike Premier tracksuits all the time when I was cycling daily and going to the gym. I've never really liked the look of Adidas gear, I prefer Nike, Puma and Reebok in terms of how they look, they really do make some very good looking tracksuits.

It depends on what you do day to day.
No. They are not.
Acceptable? You'd get beaten up if you wore these when you went shopping
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No. They are not.

They are 'acceptable' in public. You just don't like them.
Yeah go for it, I'm not a chav or anything but I wear them often because I just feel comfortable in them. I find jeans for example the least comfortable alternative to wear but still wear them sometimes as I know people will judge.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
They are 'acceptable' in public. You just don't like them.

I guess technically but people will be like :lolwut: if you wear them
trackie b's. fine for sport, fine for lounging around the house in.

Would I go to the pub in them? No. Would I go to lectures in them? No. Would I go to town in them? No.

Would I go to tescos in them? maybe. Although I'd probably feel a bit self-conscious that everyone could see my cock.

Only incredibly judgemental people who can't form opinions properly. In any case, why would anyone care if someone looks at you like that if you're just nipping into town to grab something?

I imagine people probably look at you like sometimes in your get-up - do you care or find what you're wearing unacceptable?
Yeah, obviously if you're playing sport, also if you're just going to the shops or whatever it doesn't really matter.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Only incredibly judgemental people who can't form opinions properly. In any case, why would anyone care if someone looks at you like that if you're just nipping into town to grab something?

I imagine people probably look at you like sometimes in your get-up - do you care or find what you're wearing unacceptable?

I personally wouldn't care no, but if OP's asking the question, he obviously does...

literally no one will even register it in their mind.much more likely people will have that reaction of 90% of the stuff you seem to wear
Original post by bertstare
literally no one will even register it in their mind.much more likely people will have that reaction of 90% of the stuff you seem to wear

While I get reactions, it's never been negative. Usually people coming up to me telling me I look nice.

Only to a party or something. If you wear them to the shops or a lecture no one will care.
I personally wouldn't care no, but if OP's asking the question, he obviously does...

I'm more interested in why people like you think it's unacceptable than why OP cares. What do you think when you see someone in tracksuit bottoms?
While I get reactions, it's never been negative. Usually people coming up to me telling me I look nice.

someone in tracksuit bottoms gets no reactions at all, because they're just dressing comfortably while running errands around town, and most people don't make an effort to dress up while going to tescos

Quick Reply

Latest