The Student Room Group

Do I HAVE to use my UCAS for clearing?

Hi do I have to use and tell my ucas id? I'd much prefer to apply separately to the university and giving them the grades I got last year as this year was just extra grades on top of my working gap year that I didn't perform that well in.
Original post by TobyWilliams
Hi do I have to use and tell my ucas id? I'd much prefer to apply separately to the university and giving them the grades I got last year as this year was just extra grades on top of my working gap year that I didn't perform that well in.

Most universities will insist on applications via UCAS as it's much easier from an administrative perspective. You can try applying directly to the universities, but they will ask for all of your exam results anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by TobyWilliams

Most of them will want you to apply through UCAS. They'll want to know all of your grades anyway I'm afraid.
For undergraduate, full time courses you will need to apply via UCAS. You could speak to the university without a UCAS application to see whether you would be accepted, but you will then need to formally apply via UCAS.
Reply 4
Ok they have asked for a copy of my transcript, does this mean a photocopy of my certificate grades, is it safe to do so via email?
Check with the university - they may just want the a-levels, they may also need confirmation of GCSE's. A scanned version should be fine, but again they will know what they accept.

You'll have to send it by email as post will be too slow. Make sure you know the email address you need to use, and what info you need to include to allow them to match it up (name, DoB etc)

Quick Reply

Latest