The Student Room Group

Really need advice :( disappointed in a re

Hi,
So I got my AS level results yesterday and I got A A A C. However, the C was in my favourite subject and what I planned to do at university: History..
In my history exams, in the first one I got an E, and the second one a very high A grade..
I don't like to make excuses, but I was very ill on the day of the first exam :frown: and was shivering throughout the exam and I nearly was sick, I've had A's all year so I'm absolutely gutted :frown:
I'm just worried it's too much of a risk dropping one of my A grade subjects and keeping history.. I'd really like A A A in the end, so I'm just not sure :frown: it's knocked my confidence completely for history :frown:
what should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Idyllic01
Hi,
So I got my AS level results yesterday and I got A A A C. However, the C was in my favourite subject and what I planned to do at university: History..
In my history exams, in the first one I got an E, and the second one a very high A grade..
I don't like to make excuses, but I was very ill on the day of the first exam :frown: and was shivering throughout the exam and I nearly was sick, I've had A's all year so I'm absolutely gutted :frown:
I'm just worried it's too much of a risk dropping one of my A grade subjects and keeping history.. I'd really like A A A in the end, so I'm just not sure :frown: it's knocked my confidence completely for history :frown:
what should I do?

Take all 4 next year. I got a C in one of my AS levels (with a C in all units), but got an A* in the overall A level. I resat just one of the units (where I could get the most marks). You can do it!
Reply 2
Original post by juliam
Take all 4 next year. I got a C in one of my AS levels (with a C in all units), but got an A* in the overall A level. I resat just one of the units (where I could get the most marks). You can do it!

I thought of that, but I don't think I could cope with the stress.. Problem is; one of my A's I only just scraped the A, getting an A+C in the modules, so I'd have to resit one anyway
So it's just whether it's worth, resitting the history which is a risk, or keeping the low A, and resitting that one exam Hm :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Idyllic01
I thought of that, but I don't think I could cope with the stress.. Problem is; one of my A's I only just scraped the A, getting an A+C in the modules, so I'd have to resit one anyway
So it's just whether it's worth, resitting the history which is a risk, or keeping the low A, and resitting that one exam Hm :frown:

I think resit as few as possible and focus on those. Don't bother resitting the low A! It's an A! Also, think less in terms of grades and more in terms of 'points' - everything adds up to give you your final grade, and you want to collect as many as possible balanced with resitting as few as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest