The Student Room Group

Awkward situation, any advice please?

So I've got ABD in my A levels (chemistry, biology and geography, respectively) so missed my firm offer of ABB but met the conditions of my insurance offer.

The course I applied to at my firm (Lancaster) has spaces in clearing with lower asking grades of BBB so even though I knew it was unlikely I thought I'd at least try and see if they'd let me in through clearing which unsurprisingly they didn't.

Obviously I'm disappointed, I was really set on Lancaster, so I thought I'd keep trying over the next few days to get in through clearing, thinking that they'd maybe be a bit more lenient as time wore on and they still needed to fill spaces. But since then I've been flicking through the welcome pack my insurance (Hull) sent me and it reminded me of all the reasons I liked it and chose it as my insurance in the first place and now I'm not sure if I'd genuinely be happy about going there or if I'm just trying to force myself to think I would.

My family keep making comments saying that I'm giving up too easily and encouraging me to keep trying for Lancaster and I'm reluctant to but I'm not sure if that's because I'm genuinely not interested in going there or if I'm just trying to convince myself I'm not because I don't want to get my hopes up because I know it's unlikely I'll get in and I don't want to go to Hull with a negative attitude.

I'm really at a loss what to do now and I like them both for different reasons which is making this all the more difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Just keep trying for Lancaster, but at least now if you don't get in, you know you have a good second choice!
Original post by skoav
So I've got ABD in my A levels (chemistry, biology and geography, respectively) so missed my firm offer of ABB but met the conditions of my insurance offer.

The course I applied to at my firm (Lancaster) has spaces in clearing with lower asking grades of BBB so even though I knew it was unlikely I thought I'd at least try and see if they'd let me in through clearing which unsurprisingly they didn't.

Obviously I'm disappointed, I was really set on Lancaster, so I thought I'd keep trying over the next few days to get in through clearing, thinking that they'd maybe be a bit more lenient as time wore on and they still needed to fill spaces. But since then I've been flicking through the welcome pack my insurance (Hull) sent me and it reminded me of all the reasons I liked it and chose it as my insurance in the first place and now I'm not sure if I'd genuinely be happy about going there or if I'm just trying to force myself to think I would.

My family keep making comments saying that I'm giving up too easily and encouraging me to keep trying for Lancaster and I'm reluctant to but I'm not sure if that's because I'm genuinely not interested in going there or if I'm just trying to convince myself I'm not because I don't want to get my hopes up because I know it's unlikely I'll get in and I don't want to go to Hull with a negative attitude.

I'm really at a loss what to do now and I like them both for different reasons which is making this all the more difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lancaster had your results last Sunday

They knew that the course was not full, they considered your application, they decided NO

Sorry to be a naysayer but I think - go to Hull and have a great time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending