The Student Room Group

How long before i get an offer of accomodation?

It says on UCAS Track that my place at the University of Edinburgh has been confirmed, and my course starts on the 8th September which doesn't give me much time to get moved over from Northern Ireland.

I applied for accommodation months ago, and I assume that once you hold an unconditional firm offer you are guaranteed accommodation.

Just wondering, when am I likely to be told which one of my 3 accommodation preferences they have given me?
Original post by jlees96
It says on UCAS Track that my place at the University of Edinburgh has been confirmed, and my course starts on the 8th September which doesn't give me much time to get moved over from Northern Ireland.

I applied for accommodation months ago, and I assume that once you hold an unconditional firm offer you are guaranteed accommodation.

Just wondering, when am I likely to be told which one of my 3 accommodation preferences they have given me?

Edinburgh normally send out an email with an accommodation around a week or so after results. I'd expect that you'll find out next week some time. Keep an eye on your email as the offer will expire after 72 hours (or at least it did in my day) so you need to be prepared to accept it and pay the deposit within that time frame.

Move in weekend will be 6th and 7th September with freshers week starting on 8th September. You can arrange to pick up your keys at any time over the 6/7th weekend.
Original post by jlees96

One person I know was told which accommodation they had been allocated a few weeks ago. Might be an idea to phone and ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending