The Student Room Group

Failed AS exams and now sixth form wont let me continue. Help!?

Hi i got my AS results yesterday and am REALLY disappointed having failed 2 out of 3 after feeling as though the exams went well and studying hard for months. I got c's in both OCR Religious Studies papers (PoR and ETHICS), but then got an E in Edexcel Business Studies and a U in OCR English. At my 6th form they require a minimum of 3 D's to progress to A2 and obviously I haven't met those requirements. Now I am a bit stuck because i dont know if i will be able to re-take the year at a college because it is too late to apply to most colleges and even if you can they are mostly waiting list applications. What should I do, i understand that some places usually do open up on GCSE results day but it isn't a sure thing. Id really want to do a Business and Management degree also. Help is much appreciated!!!
You should call up the colleges and ask when their enrolment days are taking place then explain your situation. They may allow you to enroll if they have more spaces available and if you're planning to go there, take all your qualifications with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your current Sixth Form may allow you to retake the year there if they won't allow you to continue.
Hi Conn-,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your AS Level grades yesterday. It's good that you are considering your options and trying to find the best solution to your problem :smile:
With regards to your desire to study a business management course, BPP University offers this degree course with entry requirements of CCC at A Level. I understand you have just completed your first year, however as long at you are 18 at the commencement of the programme, you can qualify for our Higher Education Certificate in Business Management- a one-term long pathway programme which provides you with the foundations in Business Management necessary to progress onto a BSc (Hons) Business Management at BPP University. You are guaranteed entry onto the degree programme following your completion of the pathway and can start your degree 3 months later!
Does this sound like an option you might consider if you choose not to retake your AS Levels? I have linked in an information page regarding the pathway below if you want to check it out a bit more!

http://www.bpp.com/undergraduate-course-details/d/undergraduate/PathwayBus/3913

Hope that helps, and good luck to you :smile:

Thanks,
Emily

Quick Reply

Latest