The Student Room Group

BPP pathway course (LAW)

hey guys, i was just wondering if any of you are taking the BPP pathway this year in shepherds bush, and if anyone knows do they have freshers week where everyone gets to know eachother?
Original post by iron.man
hey guys, i was just wondering if any of you are taking the BPP pathway this year in shepherds bush, and if anyone knows do they have freshers week where everyone gets to know eachother?

Hi iron.man!
I'm really pleased to hear you are taking a pathway programme at our Shepherd's Bush study centre in September :smile:
The best place to keep up-to-date on freshers is to head over to http://www.bppstudents.com/ - the website of our Students' Associaton.
You can also follow them on twitter and like them on Facebook for convenient messaging about goings on!
Finally, here's the link specifically for the BPP University Fresher's Fair and Party http://www.bppstudents.com/events/item/582/start/0/num/10/
I hope you settle in well, meet some great people and enjoy your pathway programme at BPP University. If there's anything else I can help you with then let me know!

Thanks,
Emily
Reply 2
Thanks Emily for that information, could you also tell me if I start my LLB course in January, how will my term dates work, will I get long summer holidays as well like students who start in September, because honestly I wouldn't want a big break during my studies. (I hope you get what I mean)
Reply 3
Original post by BPP University
Hi iron.man!
I'm really pleased to hear you are taking a pathway programme at our Shepherd's Bush study centre in September :smile:
The best place to keep up-to-date on freshers is to head over to http://www.bppstudents.com/ - the website of our Students' Associaton.
You can also follow them on twitter and like them on Facebook for convenient messaging about goings on!
Finally, here's the link specifically for the BPP University Fresher's Fair and Party http://www.bppstudents.com/events/item/582/start/0/num/10/
I hope you settle in well, meet some great people and enjoy your pathway programme at BPP University. If there's anything else I can help you with then let me know!

Thanks,
Emily

Will I be able to enter freshers party even though I am 17, and only 3 days till actually being 18??
Will I be able to enter freshers party even though I am 17, and only 3 days till actually being 18??

Hey again!
I have requested this information for you- in particular from the Students' Association about the freshers party- and will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer :smile: Hopefully you will not need to be 18 to attend the event, however you will not be able to purchase alcohol.
I'll let you know as soon as I get some concrete information on this.
Thanks,
Emily
Reply 5
Hey again!
I have requested this information for you- in particular from the Students' Association about the freshers party- and will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer :smile: Hopefully you will not need to be 18 to attend the event, however you will not be able to purchase alcohol.
I'll let you know as soon as I get some concrete information on this.
Thanks,
Emily

Thanks, and yh i dont drink anyways so i wont need to purchase alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, and yh i dont drink anyways so i wont need to purchase alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey iron.man,

I have spoken to Clare Tunstall, our Student Engagement Officer, who has told me that there will definitely be door security at the event, checking student's ID on the way in and, unfortunately, you would not be able to gain entry :frown: I'm really sorry, this is probably very disappointing for you. (We do specify that our students on pathways must be 18 at the start of the programme, but even though you are 18 three days after the event, security would not allow you entry). It is just very unfortunate timing! A great idea would be to attend our Freshers' fayre in the day (12pm-3pm) on the same date, where you will be able to meet a number of other students, and sign up to societies, activities and clubs.

I'm sorry I could not help you more :frown: but it's very much out of my hands and down to security's preferences!

If I can help you with anything else then please let me know, I will get back to you as soon as possible :smile:

Thanks,
Emily
Reply 7
Hey iron.man,

I have spoken to Clare Tunstall, our Student Engagement Officer, who has told me that there will definitely be door security at the event, checking student's ID on the way in and, unfortunately, you would not be able to gain entry :frown: I'm really sorry, this is probably very disappointing for you. (We do specify that our students on pathways must be 18 at the start of the programme, but even though you are 18 three days after the event, security would not allow you entry). It is just very unfortunate timing! A great idea would be to attend our Freshers' fayre in the day (12pm-3pm) on the same date, where you will be able to meet a number of other students, and sign up to societies, activities and clubs.

I'm sorry I could not help you more :frown: but it's very much out of my hands and down to security's preferences!

If I can help you with anything else then please let me know, I will get back to you as soon as possible :smile:

Thanks,
Emily

Ohh damn, no problem then, i guess i'll have to go to London freshers party after my birthday, one more question
You know when i start in january, will I still get summer holidays? And if i do will it be the same length as other students who start in september because honestly I do not want that as a 2-3 months holiday between studies could make me forget stuff etc..
So in summary how will my term dates work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh damn, no problem then, i guess i'll have to go to London freshers party after my birthday, one more question
You know when i start in january, will I still get summer holidays? And if i do will it be the same length as other students who start in september because honestly I do not want that as a 2-3 months holiday between studies could make me forget stuff etc..
So in summary how will my term dates work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked somebody about this who wasn't able to offer me much information- aside from, the exact term-dates for January-starts have not yet been assigned. I think your best bet is to wait until you start at Shepherd's Bush, and ask one of your tutors then, who may be able to offer you a bit more detail (even if it's still as general as "mid-June to mid-September").

Sorry again about the freshers party- I do really recommend going to the fair though. I had a meeting with Clare from the Students' Association who said that it's set to be a really great afternoon. So far there are too many clubs/societies wanting to attend than there are stalls available. So definitely go along :smile:
Good luck with your pathway, I hope you settle in really well and meet some great people!!
Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending