The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Advice: Madison Court or Chatterley Court

Guys, I need a quick help with the accommodation at Raleigh Park. I am an international postgraduate student and a bit confused about the accommodation at University of Nottingham. I need an off campus accommodation, and I am a bit late due to arranging of finances and other documents.

The space is running out and rooms are being occupied quickly. Please help me choose between Madison Court and Chatterley Court since only these two places are left with a few rooms.
I stayed in Raleigh Park last year - I would say either, but I found that Madison Court was more social than Chatterley Court
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LinoRichie
I stayed in Raleigh Park last year - I would say either, but I found that Madison Court was more social than Chatterley Court

can you please elaborate about the social comparison ? Also, I am a postgraduate student, so staying with other postgraduates or mature students will be a great plus for me.

I am just worried that I have not noticed many people staying in Chatterley Court. Mostly its Sillitoe Court or Madison Court.
Sillitoe court and Madison court are very popular with freshers. The courts are more enclosed: Sillitoe has the JCR in, where there's a TV, pool table, table football and a table tennis table. Madison court has a much larger open area in the centre, and thus more space to sit out, etc.
I found there were more postgrad students staying in The Farthings, I believe, however it just depends on what you want. Madison and Sillitoe, I assume, are probably more likely to have parties and loud music, but I cannot vouch for Chatterly as I did not live there
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending