The Student Room Group

Unsuccesful Adult Nursing/ Midwifery - What to do next?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what to do next after not getting into university.

Here's a summary of my application process

I wanted to apply for a Midwifery course but with most entry grades at AAB/ABB I didn't think this was realistic for me to achieve. Instead I applied for Adult Nursing which I thought was more achievable with entry grades of BBC/BCC and I thought once I became a qualified nurse I could do a Midwifery short course if I liked. I applied for five universities and after a while I got 2 unsuccessful choices, and 3 interviews. After my interviews I waited and then got another 2 unsuccessful and only one offer. This offer was for BCC grades. I received my grades yesterday and I got CCD so didn't meet the conditions of my offer, however my UCAS track didn't update saying I was unsuccessful till about an hour ago.

After looking at all the choices for clearing I really don't see anything I want to apply for, there's not much choice regarding Adult Nursing/Midwifery and a lot of them are either very far away or not really what I want to do (e.g mental health/child/learning disability nursing).

So I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any advice on what I should do next? Should I apply again for next year? My grades are still going to be the same so I'm not sure?
Nursing is a fairly popular course, so there's not usually much available in clearing, and with grades of CCD, you'll probably struggle to find a place next year as well.

Do you have the option to retake next year to improve your grades? You could also get extra work experience which might improve your application.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Nursing is a fairly popular course, so there's not usually much available in clearing, and with grades of CCD, you'll probably struggle to find a place next year as well.

Do you have the option to retake next year to improve your grades? You could also get extra work experience which might improve your application.

Unfortunately I don't. Thanks anyway :smile:
You could also do a health foundation year course that will lead to a degree in nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending