The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Sports at Liverpool

I've been reading up about the different sports groups they have going on at the university, and although I go to the gym a lot, I've never been a huge sports person. I'd like to try Netball, as I loved that in secondary school, however I'm not great at it, and I've not got the best of eyesight. Will that be a problem, or does my ability not matter?

Also, what sports are others thinking of trying?? I saw the cheerleading in the leaflet too, but thought I'd probably break my neck if I attempted that :colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by Thisisgirlworld
I'd like to try Netball, as I loved that in secondary school, however I'm not great at it, and I've not got the best of eyesight. Will that be a problem, or does my ability not matter?

Most sports teams have several squads so as to accommodate a range of abilities - They will all have stalls in the sports hall at the freshers fair (25th & 26th Sept) so you can get more info then.

More info. on the netball team: http://www.liv.ac.uk/sports/sports/netball/

As a rule of thumb, there will be the BUCS team (compete against other universities) that take it seriously, and campus team(s) (play against other UoL teams) who are generally more mixed ability.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by WhiteWash
Most sports teams have several squads so as to accommodate a range of abilities - They will all have stalls in the sports hall at the freshers fair (25th & 26th Sept) so you can get more info then.

More info. on the netball team: http://www.liv.ac.uk/sports/sports/netball/

As a rule of thumb, they'll be the BUCS team (compete against other universities) that take it seriously, and campus team(s) (play against other UoL teams) who are generally more mixed ability.

Ok, I'll definitely give it a look then! Due to a visual impairment, my hand-eye co-ordination can be a little off, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind that in the participation league haha! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending