The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

AA100 and A105 BA (Hons) HISTORY

Hi I am starting these modules in October any advice is much appreciated what were the assignments like? Word count? Types of questions? Hope you are all progressing well I'm Melanie I'm 31 and have been at a brick Uni for a year undertaking an access course but as I failed to complete it due to personal circumstances I didn't meet the conditions of my offer to progress. (Fell short by a couple of credits).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
There's 2 reflective assignments and an end of module assessment plus I think 5 other assignments. It roughly one a month. The word counts start off tiny, 600 words or something from memory? Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong. It ends with 2000 word EMA.

Overall I enjoyed the course, it covers a very broad range if subjects and I found it helpful to attend the tutorials but didn't go to every one and still managed to do ok.

Ask anything else you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Thank you! My access course was 16 assignments between 1500-2000 words each and an end of year research project of 5000 words so hopefully I shall be well equipped.
Are you moving on to another module?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yes, I'm now going on to A217 which is introducing religion. Hope you do well x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hiya, I'm also doing the AA100 in October, just about to bid on the set text books on Ebay. I am 35 and pretty nervous about studying, deadlines, coping.....lots of worries to be honest but also very excited x
Reply 5
I'm 32 soon Amber so don't worry and have 4 children ranging from 13-2 lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I have found the texts pretty cheaply on Abe books online x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks Emma how did you find the first module I'm found A105 alongside AA100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mel-chap
Hi I am starting these modules in October any advice is much appreciated what were the assignments like? Word count? Types of questions? Hope you are all progressing well I'm Melanie I'm 31 and have been at a brick Uni for a year undertaking an access course but as I failed to complete it due to personal circumstances I didn't meet the conditions of my offer to progress. (Fell short by a couple of credits).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I am doing both at the same time too :smile: The module sites are meant to open tomorrow! I want to get started on AA100 to try and get the first TMA out the way & then concentrate on A105 for abit
It's now a year on. How are you doing? I've recently started aa100 and have just had my first assignment back marked at 69%. I don't know if this is good or bad!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending