The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i knew someone with a seat Ibiza 1.4, and that was damn quick for the car, however the newer leons and stuff, not too sure about!
Reply 2
Depends on the car, I prefer SEATs to their VW brothers though. Cheaper and more sporty looking.
Reply 3
my mate just got an ibiza cupra sport.

prety nice car.

friend of the family got a leon, really nice, makes a lurrrrvly noise.

deffo take a seat over VW
Reply 4
Looks-wise most models are among the best in their class... They offer a younger/more sporty alternative to their equivalent VWs and a good range of engines. Styling on pre-1999 models is a bit boxy IMO :smile:
Reply 5
agreed tom
Reply 6
Had 2 Arosas, 1 Toledo and a Leon.

Love them.

All the benefits of VW engineering, but without the high VW price.
Reply 7
they are good as they are part of the vag group, stay away from older ones, e.g M, N, and P becuase they rust very badly
My mum has had two Seat's:

1999 Seat Ibiza
2006 Seat Ibiza

...and she's loved both of them. The paintwork is wonderful on Seats for some reason - her old red 'R' reg was just as beautiful and shiny and perfect 3 months ago (before we sold it) as it was the day we bought it. The new one's a really pretty mix of silver, pale blue and lilac - very girly and sparkly :smile:

As far as the car itself goes, my mum's only complaint is that the sport suspension on her new one makes speedbumps a tad uncomfortable, but for town driving it's fab. Her new one positively purrrrrrrrs on the motorway too.

All in all, the Ibizas are very good value and seem to deliver very good customer satisfaction :smile:
Reply 9
Had a run in with a brand new Ibiza on the way home yesterday - the Cupra 160 TDi. Blimey, that shifts. Had to properly floor it to keep up :eek:
Reply 10
My Dad owns a 2005 Seat Leon Cupra R 225bhp. Apart from it being rapid, it's reliable, has VW build quality and looks the part.

Only problem is it eats front tyres and drinks petrol lol
Reply 11
Hardly SEATs fault though, any powerful front wheel drive will do that.
Reply 12
I can tell you now the Cupra R is more reliable than my FWD hatch with a miles better fuel economy no dount ;yes;
Reply 13
They're great cars. Me and mum share an Ibiza, we had an Alhambra a few years back, but when it was replaced Dad opted for a Galaxy, but is now replacing that for another Seat (can't remember which though).
Reply 14
The Alhmabra and Galaxy are the same cars anyway.
Reply 15
The Alhmabra and Galaxy are the same cars anyway.

True, though I thought the entire ruth was the best policy.
and sharan
Reply 17
My Dad has a Leon 1.9 SX TDi (think it's SX - can't quite remember) and I'm learning in it. I don't have a lot of experience, but it seems super quick to me - so much acceleration. I really annoyed a Peugot 106 driver as we were coming onto a dual carriageway the other day, who thought he could overtake me immediately just because I was a learner - wrong! The Leon sped away pretty quickly. Makes a nice noise too, good fuel consumption.

Only problem for a learner - I find it difficult going round tight corners without changing down to 1st gear, as it tends to shudder and start to stall in 2nd. That's just my lack of experience though. Solution is to just go round faster lol.
I'm about ready to sit my test and just now have an old vw golf, 92 I think. After I've passed my test I'll be lookin to buy a new car and was hopin to spend between 5 and 7 grand, and after lookin around seat's seem to look like a good bet, but I was wonderin which one to look at? People have recommended the Leon but I don't like the look of the older ones, kinda boxy as someone said. So for around that price what could I look for? Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 19
Awesome cars, i have a '06 Ibiza, just awesome.

If you can afford one, get one.

Graham

Latest

Trending

Trending