The Student Room Group

I really don't know what to do...

Hello,

I've been home educated right through my GCSEs. I have always been rather bright and I got A* grades for all my subjects (Mostly Maths and Science) except English where I only just managed to get a C. I enjoyed GCSE Maths and love anything Computer-related and was getting ready to go to college for A-Levels this September until transport issues arose.

Now I don't know what to do. I can't find any other suitable colleges, so I'm left with two options really: either I could study A-Levels at home (which I believe is rather difficult and expensive, although I've chosen some subjects I could do without needing extra facilities like IT and Science Labs) or I could do something work-related. The other problem is that I'm not sure that I would cope with university coming straight from home so I don't know what I'm going to do after A-Levels if I do decide to do A-Levels at home. I also don't think I'm the kind of person that would do a good job interview.

Thus I'm thinking of perhaps starting my own business. I've got ideas for a business which could be successful and I've got an idea for a computing-related product which I think would be very popular and I can't believe that nobody else has done something like that. But I'm only 16 and I'm not sure if I can start a business at this age. Also that leaves me wondering if it would be better to start it now or if I should still try and do A-Levels and/or university first. Or should I try and do some volunteering/work experiance first, seeing as I'm not familiar with being with other people out of the house?

What do you think?

Regards,

Micheal

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I'm new here and if I'm going to ask a whole pile of questions in one post then I really don't know where this should go. Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area but it seems that I'm not getting much attention here. Could a moderator please move this to somewhere where it would be more visible, seeing as I'm getting ignored with the topic where it is? I'm kind of needing to decide about this soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending