The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a123a
what time was your interview?
I was wearing a black suit and I was sitting in the corner. Remember? Or am I just making a fool out of myself. I also remember a guy saying to you "how did your cambridge interview go?"

Oh i seeeeeeeeee! but my slot is 2;45.. when was yours? i remember you went earlier than me?
Are we sitting on the same sofa? lol
what a coincidence
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 461
Original post by DCMed96
Oh i seeeeeeeeee! but my slot is 2;45.. when was yours? i remember you went earlier than me?
Are we sitting on the same sofa? lol
what a coincidence

Yeah mine was 2.15. Lol I was sitting on a chair by the sofa, to your left. There was a guy between us.
Original post by a123a
Yeah mine was 2.15. Lol I was sitting on a chair by the sofa, to your left. There was a guy between us.

I guess I have seen you? But I forget what you look like, I am sorry!!
But how do you recognise me then :smile: lol
Do you live in London>
Reply 463
Original post by DCMed96
I guess I have seen you? But I forget what you look like, I am sorry!!
But how do you recognise me then :smile: lol
Do you live in London>

It's ok. You use to have a pic as your display pic and I saw you on the connect thing you had an interview on the 16th so I thought it could be you.
nope!
Original post by a123a
It's ok. You use to have a pic as your display pic and I saw you on the connect thing you had an interview on the 16th so I thought it could be you.
nope!

are you firming imperial? what are your other choices and how are them coming along?
Please don't ask for information on interviews.

Neostigmine
Uni Mod
does anyone have an interview for march?
Original post by MMIBH30

Me :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 468
Im curious as to how they decide on offers based on interviews, what with the interviews being so distributed between december and march?
Do they just put certain people on waiting lists and give them offers once all interviews are done, whilst giving exceptional candidates offers straight away.
what if they get a lot of good candidates in December, January and early February and give out all their offers, thus disadvantaging people with late offers?

im just curious how they give the people with later interviews a fair chance of getting an offer?
Guys does anyone know about imperial's position of doing maths in year 12. I.e if that would be included in the offer or not
Original post by MMIBH30

Me! :smile:
Yo,

I emailed Imperial regarding bands and offer holders etc. This is what they had to say:

"Please find attached a spreadsheet showing A-level grades and BMAT scores for those applicants offered a place for entry to the course for 2014/15. This data is shown on the first tab of the spreadsheet.

The bands for the BMAT scores for this cycle
The percentage of candidates with BMAT scores within each of BMAT Bands who were offered a place or interviewed
Please find this information on the second tab of the attached spreadsheet.

If a candidate was to be in different bands i.e. they were to achieve BMAT scores of 4.6, 5.4 and 3A, which band would they be placed in?
Please be advised that an applicant’s band is determined by their lowest section score. For the example scores of 4.6, 5.4, and 3A, and based on the bandings for entry for 2014/15, the section 1 score of 4.6 would have put that applicant in Band 3.

Also, if the bands for the 2014/2015 A100 Medicine UCAS cycle (the ongoing cycle) have been set, would it be possible to provide me with this information?
Please be advised that the bands for the current cycle, for entry for 2015/16, will be published in April 2015 in accordance with the College’s policy."

The data is for 525 candidates (A100) and its their predicted grades or A levels completed at the time of entry, their BMAT band and their BMAT scores. Hope this helps! :smile: (i tried to get them to give me ones for post interview rejected and pre interview rejected candidates and with GCSE and AS levels achieved but they said: “Section 1 (1) does not oblige a public authority to comply with a request for information if the authority estimates that the cost of complying with the request would exceed the appropriate limit (under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004).” The appropriate limit is set at 18 hours." So they edited my FOI to what i have provided u with now
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Master219
Yo,

I emailed Imperial regarding bands and offer holders etc. This is what they had to say:

"Please find attached a spreadsheet showing A-level grades and BMAT scores for those applicants offered a place for entry to the course for 2014/15. This data is shown on the first tab of the spreadsheet.

The bands for the BMAT scores for this cycle
The percentage of candidates with BMAT scores within each of BMAT Bands who were offered a place or interviewed
Please find this information on the second tab of the attached spreadsheet.

If a candidate was to be in different bands i.e. they were to achieve BMAT scores of 4.6, 5.4 and 3A, which band would they be placed in?
Please be advised that an applicant’s band is determined by their lowest section score. For the example scores of 4.6, 5.4, and 3A, and based on the bandings for entry for 2014/15, the section 1 score of 4.6 would have put that applicant in Band 3.

Also, if the bands for the 2014/2015 A100 Medicine UCAS cycle (the ongoing cycle) have been set, would it be possible to provide me with this information?
Please be advised that the bands for the current cycle, for entry for 2015/16, will be published in April 2015 in accordance with the College’s policy."

The data is for 525 candidates (A100) and its their predicted grades or A levels completed at the time of entry, their BMAT band and their BMAT scores. Hope this helps! :smile: (i tried to get them to give me ones for post interview rejected and pre interview rejected candidates and with GCSE and AS levels achieved but they said: “Section 1 (1) does not oblige a public authority to comply with a request for information if the authority estimates that the cost of complying with the request would exceed the appropriate limit (under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004).” The appropriate limit is set at 18 hours." So they edited my FOI to what i have provided u with now

Thanks for this..but the file is not opening. Are you able to post in another format?
Original post by ninetyeightfour
Thanks for this..but the file is not opening. Are you able to post in another format?

Woohoo, did it haha.
Its split tho so u have to kind of match the candidates BMAT scores with their A levels (has numbers so shouldnt be a problem). The A Level and BMAT columns/tables didnt fit next to each other as it was too wide...

Attached in pdf form :smile:
Reply 474
Woohoo, did it haha.
Its split tho so u have to kind of match the candidates BMAT scores with their A levels (has numbers so shouldnt be a problem). The A Level and BMAT columns/tables didnt fit next to each other as it was too wide...

Hi
Very helpful information. Thank you .....
My scores are 4.9, 5.7 & 2A
What is meant by Band 4...please explain...... I was wondering if I have any chance of interview. Still waiting.
Woohoo, did it haha.

Thanks again! Is this info online anywhere?
Original post by ninetyeightfour
Thanks again! Is this info online anywhere?

Nup, i emailed them and asked these questions specifically and they responded yesturday (hadnt got a chance to look at it until today). I asked for other stuff as well but as i mentioned they couldnt provide those (i.e. GCSE grades etc).
Reply 477
Nup, i emailed them and asked these questions specifically and they responded yesturday (hadnt got a chance to look at it until today). I asked for other stuff as well but as i mentioned they couldnt provide those (i.e. GCSE grades etc).

How long does it take them to reply to e-mails roughly? Or how long did it take in your case? :smile:
Original post by ATA95
Hi
Very helpful information. Thank you .....
My scores are 4.9, 5.7 & 2A
What is meant by Band 4...please explain...... I was wondering if I have any chance of interview. Still waiting.

I think it is a WP (widening participation) band... its because usually for section 3 the cut off is 2.5, but as u saw on the spreadsheet in the tables part, there were people from this band (im assuming Band 4 is the WP band) that were interviewed. So i think u still have a chance, just hang in there fam :smile:

Edit: and i asked them about when they finish sending out interviews before and they said they send interviews out until the end of Jan so u got quite a bit of time left! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RR97
How long does it take them to reply to e-mails roughly? Or how long did it take in your case? :smile:

I sent this request on the 26 Nov and they replied yesterday so 16 working days. Then on the same day (26 Nov) they sent me the receipt for FOI request saying:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request below, made under the Freedom of Information Act. As you may know, the College must respond to your request within twenty working days of receipt of your request, and sooner if possible.

So if its an FOI request thats within 20 working days they must respond and i think if they cant do it that quickly then they ask u to cut it down (like they did to me). 20 working days is most likely 4 weeks (mon-fri i think is meant by working day so...)

But as i mentioned they had to keep emailing me in between to edit the request because it would take too long haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending