The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simranchhugani
That's amazing!! What a-levels are you doing?

Thanks. Im doin Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Xerxisim
I've chosen almost exactly the same unis:
Imperial, Kings, Barts (queen mary) and BSMS :smile:

Hope to see you in one of them :biggrin:
Hey guys!

When do Imperial release their BMAT cut-off scores? :smile:
Original post by TazzyBoo
Hey guys!

They receive the scores on Wednesday, same as us. So probably anytime after that I guess
Original post by simranchhugani
They receive the scores on Wednesday, same as us. So probably anytime after that I guess

I heard from the BMAT thread, someone emailed them and they said bmat results are shown to unis on the 25th, so a day before we get them
Hey guys!

How'd you all do for the BMAT? :smile:

I got 5.1 6.3 4.5A, so hopefully this will meet the cut-off? What do you guys think? What's my likelihood of getting an interview?

(10 A*s at GCSE and 4A* predictions for A2)
3A

I am so distraught. :frown:
4.6 5.4 3A.... Ukhhhh but what can I do now....
4As AS, 4A* predicted, 7A* 3A GCSE
Hey guys!

I have emailed them to ask, so if they reply/when they reply I'll copy and paste their response on this thread
Original post by BigBearMee
3A

I am so distraught. :frown:

I got 4.1 4.9 4A and I am very sad too :'(
With last year's cut off its not the end of the world. This year it should be lower or the same. I got 4.9 5.1 4B so we're around the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I got 5.7, 5.7 and 3A... Would that be enough for an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
4.9, 6.3, 4A. International. Yay or nay? :c
Reply 53
Do Imperial only consider BMAT in deciding who gets invited for interview or do they look at everything?
4.2 (ahhhhhhhhh :frown: )
3.5A
Don't think cut off scores will be that low :frown: :frown:
Hey guys!

I emailed them as I said earlier, and here was their reply:
Thank you for your email.

The BMAT cut-off point is calculated internally and we are currently in the process of doing this. Once the cut-off has been set applicants who achieve above the determined threshold will then go into shortlisting for interview selection. Those who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted from mid-December onwards, depending into which banding they fall.

The cut-off point will not be made public until April, once all interviews have taken place and offers have been made.

Kind regards

Why would we need to know the cut offs after all interviews and offers!!
Link here for explanation of results:

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/181952-bmat-explanation-of-results-2014.pdf

and I think Imperial cut off should remain fairly steady, if it were to decrease it would do so by a veryyy small amount as its already not so high... I would say: S1 - 4.6/4.9, S2 - 4.6

Heres something else I found too, quite interesting:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/105275/response/260299/attach/2/Application%20figures%20for%20Medicine.pdf

(edited 9 years ago)
I have emailed Imperial regarding the 2013/2014 UCAS cycle, i.e. last years, so any info they provide me with shall be posted here
Reply 57
Original post by Allia
Do Imperial only consider BMAT in deciding who gets invited for interview or do they look at everything?

They weigh BMAT verrrry highly in interview selection, and use the cutoffs to filter the apps, but of course grades/ personal statement etc. will have some impact.
Reply 58
I got 4.9, 6.6 and 4A
I am quite depressed about S1
Do you think I have a chance at Imp?
Original post by Allia

Quote imperial:
Applicants for Medicine and Graduate Entry Medicine are considered for interview by our shortlisters in BMAT order; looking first at applicants with the highest scores and then working downwards until all the interview places have been allocated. The BMAT scores will vary from year to year and so it is not possible to publish a cut-off point. However, on the basis of previous years, candidates would generally need to obtain at least 50% in each of the three sections of BMAT in order to be amongst those considered for interview.

Its quite hard to tell tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending