The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tans
didnt get one :frown:

Yeah it's nothing to worry about, it was pretty much an extended confirmation that they've received our application lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by popolo
Yeah, strange time to schedule it :s-smilie: but not sure, maybe sent in batches?

Possibly, but they are definitely capable of sending out all the emails at once. Maybe they go through our applications batch by batch and send the emails in batches? Who knows :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by TechRaid3r
Possibly, but they are definitely capable of sending out all the emails at once. Maybe they go through our applications batch by batch and send the emails in batches? Who knows :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought the system would collapse or something :tongue: But that's just even longer, why in batches?

Let's hope this line: 'Admission to Imperial is highly competitive, each year we receive a very large number of applications from excellent candidates' doesn't mean a rejection :colondollar:'
Reply 83
Original post by popolo
I thought the system would collapse or something :tongue: But that's just even longer, why in batches?

Let's hope this line: 'Admission to Imperial is highly competitive, each year we receive a very large number of applications from excellent candidates' doesn't mean a rejection :colondollar:'

I don't think so, though I could be wrong, as I think I may be in band 1 with 5.9, 5.9, 3.5A and I received the email
Reply 84
i got mine on the 28/11
Original post by TechRaid3r
Probably automated, but dunno why some received one whilst others didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I havnt received it yet either. In ur UCAS application did any of u tick the box abt sending info on financial support? Thats the only possible reason i can think of, but then again I might have (cant remember lol).
Yh i guess it could be sent in batches, but why would they? all seems a bit confusing to me. They might send it to candidates that they think r have a gd chance of getting an interview hence offer hence may need financial support.

just realised something, I think once they have assessed ur application they send u that email if u indicated u may need financial suport cuz they said on the 26 Nov in an email that they will be assessing applicants applications along with BMAT for the next 2 weeks so maybe they havnt go around to assessing ours yet or we didnt need financial support...

They start sending interview invitation not tomoro but the day after!!
I got the email this morning, but will not be needing financial support (loaded parents).

My BMAT scores are 5.1, 6.3, 4.5A
10 A*s for GCSE
4 As and 4 A* predictions for A2.

I think I'm probably in band 1/2, and so don't think that they send emails out in band batches! Maybe it's random?
Got an email telling me I've been selected for interview :biggrin: so unexpected with 4.9 5.1 4B in BMAT. Good luck with you guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by techraid3r
got an email telling me i've been selected for interview :d so unexpected with 4.9 5.1 4b in bmat. Good luck with you guys!

posted from tsr mobile

WELL DONE! did you get a date for it? I got told i have one but didnt get the emial saying what day
Reply 89
Got an interview!
Reply 90
Original post by tans
WELL DONE! did you get a date for it? I got told i have one but didnt get the emial saying what day

Yeah I got an email like that and then I got another email saying that I will get the dates tomorrow.
Reply 91
I got an interview too! but no date, there system sort of crashed so i'll be sent the date tomorrow! So surpirsed 0o0, my bmat scores were pretty average.
People with interviews, what were your bmat scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tans

Thanks you too! No I didn't, they sent out an email saying they'd send them out tomorrow. But it's so surprising especially this early, maybe they're doing it differently this year. Either way, congratulations to everyone who got one :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by pinkgorilla

Posted from TSR Mobile

4.6 4.6 3A , very average
Reply 95
Original post by pinkgorilla

Posted from TSR Mobile

4.9 4.6 4.5A
Pretty average as well... I hope they didn't accidentally send the email hahaa :biggrin:
Reply 96
Really average here too! 5.1 4.6 3B - average as hell
Gcse - 6a* 4a 1distinction - alright i guess
As - 4A - pretty good :biggrin:
My stats:

BMAT: 4.9 5.1 4B
GCSE: 9A* 1A
AS: 5A
A2 predicted: 3A* 1A

Im really baffled as well why would they tell us so quickly?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Could they potentially be going in reverse order this year? Take out Band 3 first and then move onto Band 2 and Band 1 for BMAT? Im so confused and worried that this is all a mistake :frown:

EDIT: Or maybe theyre going by predicted grades/ GCSE grades instead this year?
Reply 99
Original post by liass
Could they potentially be going in reverse order this year? Take out Band 3 first and then move onto Band 2 and Band 1 for BMAT? Im so confused and worried that this is all a mistake :frown:

I'm not sure about the order, but I replied asking where the first email was:
Dear James,

It appears there is a problem with the link email which you should have received. Please bear with us whilst we try to solve the issue. You will be emailed tomorrow regarding this and you do not need to contact us in the mean time.

Kind regards,

Griffin Ryder (Mr)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending