The Student Room Group

I think Edexcel screwed up a lot

I've been reading a lot of posts by people studying with edexcel, who used to get As in their subject and ended up with E's and U's. A friend of mine has the same problem with biology. I think Edexcel might have screwed up a lot this exam season, either they marked them incorrectly or there were some mistakes.

Anyone agree?

Scroll to see replies

Get the scripts back then you will be able to see. Perhaps remark if you certain. (I was quite happy with Edexcell this year tbh, but I may be a minority)
Original post by AlexKay99
I've been reading a lot of posts by people studying with edexcel, who used to get As in their subject and ended up with E's and U's. A friend of mine has the same problem with biology. I think Edexcel might have screwed up a lot this exam season, either they marked them incorrectly or there were some mistakes.

Anyone agree?

Lol, Surprisingly I have to agree with you, I mean cmon I got 97/100/95 and one 48/100 . Which I was predicted atleast 80+ or even higher
The one I thought I did horrendous in with Edexcel I got 90/100 and the one I thought I was sure to get 90-100UMS, practised much more and was my favourite topic (Mechanics) I got a very low 35 UMS, I checked with the result paper in the maths section on this forums forgot his name, there was no way I could've got 35UMS as I got the same answers, Edexcel screwed up a lot.
Reply 4
Original post by TobyWilliams
The one I thought I did horrendous in with Edexcel I got 90/100 and the one I thought I was sure to get 90-100UMS, practised much more and was my favourite topic (Mechanics) I got a very low 35 UMS, I checked with the result paper in the maths section on this forums forgot his name, there was no way I could've got 35UMS as I got the same answers, Edexcel screwed up a lot.

I know and this is what my friend got for every unit, he did both AS and A2 this year and every single unit was a U. I think an open letter needs to be made to edexcel there is clearly something really wrong.
Reply 5
I totally agree

For biology, I got As throughout my mock papers but was predicted a B. I ended up with a really high D just marks off a C

And maths.....that was the worst one lol. I got Bs and Cs in my mocks. Got predicted a C and I ended up with a U. :frown:

Nearly everyone at my sixth form got Us in maths and Ds in biology
Original post by TobyWilliams

I have a the same issue. My paper 1 which I think i did very well ended up with a 97, where I think i did very bad in Paper 2 ( possibly around 70%) got a full 100 ---

Im one of those who knows how much marks he will score after the exams based on what I think is right and following Mark Schemes. So this caught me completely offguard
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7

Anyone agree?

I agree now that I think about it!
I came out of an edexcel exam back in June feeling really confident, I was predicted A in the subject and I was prepared for every single question that came up in that particular exam, my result was a C...
I mean I know I don't know for sure whether my answers for that exam was worth more than a C grade but all my other results from other subjects (non edexcel) came out more or less how I thought they would :confused:
Reply 8
Yeahhh, I used to get As and Bs in both EdExcel History and English, but in the recent AS levels got C for freaking both...I'm so confused
Reply 9
Come to think about it, I did my language with edexcel, I'm bilingual and although I did get an A*, it was barely just...I almost missed the grade and that was with special consideration because the day before I was sick however I was still expecting full UMS. ?
Reply 10
Original post by Shanzii
I totally agree

For biology, I got As throughout my mock papers but was predicted a B. I ended up with a really high D just marks off a C

And maths.....that was the worst one lol. I got Bs and Cs in my mocks. Got predicted a C and I ended up with a U. :frown:

Nearly everyone at my sixth form got Us in maths and Ds in biology

It really is pissing me off, my friend told me he should feel upset but he is laughing at it because it is literally impossible I mean he wants to study biological sciences in university for crying out loud!
I agree - had As in all economics mocks but I got a C in the real thing. Maybe I ****ed up but maybe it was them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by joecoulburn
I agree - had As in all economics mocks but I got a C in the real thing. Maybe I ****ed up but maybe it was them

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should really request to view the photocopy of the scripts, no good wondering and upsetting yourself with possibilities.
You should really request to view the photocopy of the scripts, no good wondering and upsetting yourself with possibilities.

That's good advice which I'll be sure to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
It really is pissing me off, my friend told me he should feel upset but he is laughing at it because it is literally impossible I mean he wants to study biological sciences in university for crying out loud!

Lol I guess laughing covers up how he really feels about it
I was crying my eyes out all day yesterday
I swear Edexcel this year has been the worst exam board
I'm going to ask my teachers for a remark as I was only 5 UMS marks off a C for biology.
Reply 15
Original post by Shanzii
Lol I guess laughing covers up how he really feels about it
I was crying my eyes out all day yesterday
I swear Edexcel this year has been the worst exam board
I'm going to ask my teachers for a remark as I was only 5 UMS marks off a C for biology.

You should definitely do that, I hope you get it!
was predicted A for economics and got a C, i was so sure i got at least 95% in paper 1 and at least 75% in paper 2. i just dont understand
I agree with this, I was predicted an A for Politics, only ever got As and I got a low a and low b so high b overall? And my friend who has only ever got about 90% in her Chemistry exams got a mid a and a low c averaging at a B overall. We're both getting them remarked anyway
(edited 9 years ago)
I had this on a few of my Edexcel unit and I'm now thinking about requesting the scripts.
Reply 19
I mean how severely do you have to mark a straight A student so that he ends up with U's?
Firstly people should view the scripts because I heard sometimes the mark on the actual exam script is different to the one you may have gotten in your results statement. And secondly to be sure it was actually your script and it wasn't a mix up and thirdly to note which areas were marked correct or incorrectly.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest