The Student Room Group

How much did you spend on Uni Essentials?

Scroll to see replies

What about getting hold of a student essentials pack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
So far I have spent $45 on the essentials
That include

frying pan
pot
sieve
kitchen scissors
spatual
wooden spoon
ladle
chopping boards- cut heart shaped ones only $2
nail clippers
soap holder
dish towels
grater
bunch of containers
knife set
project books
A4 document folder
plastic document wallets x 2
Smaller bin bags for rubbish x 2
Bed mattress liner
flannels
loofah

Not planning to spend anymore

Will be taking
plates, cups, bowls, cutlery, those black kitchen stuff, towel, soap, toothbrush, most of my stationery and other stuff from home
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Not too much. The most I've really spent is all on stationary, the rest I'm taking from home, including stuff like crockery, kitchen stuff, laundry stuff and the rest.
I don't really know how much I have spent as I have got stuff for Uni over the years and as I am doing ou for one year I don't need to bother with household essentials for entire year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably about £90ish. Wilkinsons is really good for kitchen stuff; Poundland is also good for various things (kitchen stuff, toiletries) and I went to Primark for things like cushions, accessories to make my room more homely and towels.
For those who haven't moved away before and are going to Uni this year. Work out how much you have to spend on essentials. Then divide your essentials into categories. For example pots and pans, kitchen stuff and bathroom, food and drink. Obviously once you have bought a kettle/frying pan you don't need to buy that again. But things like washing powder you could buy in bulk and let it last you a couple of weeks/months, it won't go out of date and you don't have to worry too much about quality as it's washing. Just pop to pound land get it for quid.

Now for things like toiletries some you may need more often and some you may need frequently it depends on preference. But buy in bulk if there's a bog off offer going in pound land or wilkinson get it.

Food shopping:
Make two lists thing you need frequently and things that will last you longer
Milk eggs bread cheese ham generally has a short expiratory date of a few days to a week. If you drink a lot of tea or sharing tea bags by a huge pack they would last you longer

Find lots of coupons you can get them from internet, back of receipts etc and use them. If you have student discount or have discount from your work place make use of it.

Also google lots of student discount websites, save the student etc you never know when you are gonna need it.

Always make a list of shopping and stick to it.

The first few days of moving make use of your parents car/ lift you do not want to moving everything on transport

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending