The Student Room Group

Helppp- arts or stem?!?!

Hi guys,

So essentially I am so, so confused.

I just got my AS Results yday, which were 3xB's in English, French and Classics, D in Biology and C in Creative Writing

Reply 1
I love English and Classics, and am the creative type. I have always wanted to become a business magnate essentially, and am now seriously confused as to whether I should consider looking at STEM degrees by retaking AS yr or sticking with my original plan of History with Politics or something in that sort of area. Is there any hope?? Is there any STEM subject out there for me?? Inly recently did I discover that todays major CEO's tend to have some sort of STEM degree in general, and I would sincerely appreciate any help.
With your grades and your choices I would say your suited with Arts but ultimately it's up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misha_kk
I love English and Classics, and am the creative type. I have always wanted to become a business magnate essentially, and am now seriously confused as to whether I should consider looking at STEM degrees by retaking AS yr or sticking with my original plan of History with Politics or something in that sort of area. Is there any hope?? Is there any STEM subject out there for me?? Inly recently did I discover that todays major CEO's tend to have some sort of STEM degree in general, and I would sincerely appreciate any help.

I don't think you really become a business magnate intentionally, but nevertheless that is a very difficult path to take.

I think first you need to figure out what you want to do, and it has to be realistic. If you want to take STEM, fine, but think about why you're taking that and if you're suited to it. To be honest your grades don't make me think that you are.

However I do wonder why you don't want to take business if you want to be a business magnate. Your A Levels would seem to be okay for that, although you'd probably need maths.
Reply 4
It is your choice. However, I would also recommend the arts because of your results and the fact you say you enjoy them.
Reply 5
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I don't think you really become a business magnate intentionally, but nevertheless that is a very difficult path to take.

I think first you need to figure out what you want to do, and it has to be realistic. If you want to take STEM, fine, but think about why you're taking that and if you're suited to it. To be honest your grades don't make me think that you are.

However I do wonder why you don't want to take business if you want to be a business magnate. Your A Levels would seem to be okay for that, although you'd probably need maths.

I thought so too, but many people have told me that a Business BA is actually not as highly regarded as most other BA degrees. I am however considering perhaps History and/with Management maybe? Thank you for your advice though, I really appreciate it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest