The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

I got into UOL and Man met but I want to go to uol but don't want to move away from home (Manchester) is there any point in commuting to Liverpool? or does it make more scene getting accommodation, also wanted to know how many days I will be in for at UOL as I know at Manchester met its only three days.

any help/advice would be appreciated
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Omg your in the same situation as me but I'm hands down going LIVERPOOL for the better education and to move out basically if I get the grades man met is just a back up

But you don't sound that bothered about LIVERPOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think accommodation is the correct option...why go through the trouble of commuting and the ridiculousness of the expense that comes with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone! can't wait to meet everyone in September :smile:

I've found this cool group on Facebook which is for everyone whos going to or has applied for Liverpool in 2015... everyone should 'join' to get involved with the discussion and meet others heading there! The link for it is -

facebook.com/groups/735991326449999
Original post by markhover1
Hey everyone! can't wait to meet everyone in September :smile:

I've found this cool group on Facebook which is for everyone whos going to or has applied for Liverpool in 2015... everyone should 'join' to get involved with the discussion and meet others heading there! The link for it is -

facebook.com/groups/735991326449999

Ohh great will do :smile:
Reply 785
Hi all, just been given an unconditional for both Law and Law with Criminology, I do have an interest in the Criminology side which is why I chose it, but I don't necessarily want to go into it as a career.

But I'm thinking is having that "with Criminology" tagged onto the end of it, will that limit me at all when it comes to applying for jobs after university? Or would it help, or for what it's worth is it just going to be a lot of extra work for nothing in return?
Original post by F3MBC
Hi all, just been given an unconditional for both Law and Law with Criminology, I do have an interest in the Criminology side which is why I chose it, but I don't necessarily want to go into it as a career.

But I'm thinking is having that "with Criminology" tagged onto the end of it, will that limit me at all when it comes to applying for jobs after university? Or would it help, or for what it's worth is it just going to be a lot of extra work for nothing in return?

Omgg congrats...what grades did you get??:smile::smile::smile::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samyerson
Got an offer Abb for Egyptology :biggrin:

I know this post is from quite a while ago now, but well done, I'm a 2nd Year Egyptology student if you want any help/ to ask any questions :smile:
Course: Genetics
BTEC grades: D*D*
Entry requirements: DDD
Predictions: D*D*D* or D*D*D
Other choices: Aberdeen, Cardiff, Nottingham (have offers from all)

Would be great to see if anyone else has applied for genetics :smile:

Probably going to put Liverpool as my firm but still not sure about my insurance haha!
Reply 789
Original post by Caraphernelia
Course: Genetics
BTEC grades: D*D*
Entry requirements: DDD
Predictions: D*D*D* or D*D*D
Other choices: Aberdeen, Cardiff, Nottingham (have offers from all)

Would be great to see if anyone else has applied for genetics :smile:

Probably going to put Liverpool as my firm but still not sure about my insurance haha!

I've also applied for genetics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan205
I've also applied for genetics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh hello there :smile: Where else have you applied?
Reply 791
Original post by Caraphernelia
oh hello there :smile: Where else have you applied?

Hey haha, um Nottingham, Exeter , brunel and Birmingham, but Liverpool is firm and Nottingham insurance,you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 792
Received my Offer for Business Management with a year in industry

AS level I got a B in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

However my offer is; A in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

I'm currently on for a B in Business, B in finance and a Distinction Star in ICT

(i think ill struggle to get an A in Business)

I was just wondering how strict they are with meeting entry requirements, if I was to get a B in business and D* in ICT would they be more lenient ??

If anyone could let me know about the strictness of meeting entry requirements ? It would help massively. Thanks

Liverpool is the only uni I want to go (only one I've been to look around), I have firmed it with Manchester Met as my second choice
(edited 9 years ago)
I've applied for marketing :smile:
Reply 794
Original post by coconuthead--
Omgg congrats...what grades did you get??:smile::smile::smile::yy:Posted from TSR Mobile

AAA

I actually finished college in 2012, I had three years out learning to fly and just pissing about flying for 3 years, so that's why I got my unconditional so early.

Has anyone had any info sent through the post to them after forming an unconditional from UoL as I've had nothing sent through after firming them on UCAS?
Reply 795
Has anyone accepted BA Geography and applied for Carnatic halls I've applied for Morton does anyone know what it's like there? As there weren't many pictures and I didn't look round those halls! Thank you!
Original post by efcwood
Received my Offer for Business Management with a year in industry

AS level I got a B in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

However my offer is; A in Business, B in Finance and a Distinction in ICT

I'm currently on for a B in Business, B in finance and a Distinction Star in ICT

(i think ill struggle to get an A in Business)

I was just wondering how strict they are with meeting entry requirements, if I was to get a B in business and D* in ICT would they be more lenient ??

If anyone could let me know about the strictness of meeting entry requirements ? It would help massively. Thanks

Liverpool is the only uni I want to go (only one I've been to look around), I have firmed it with Manchester Met as my second choice

Hello! I'm not sure about how strict Liverpool is on entry requirements, but i'd also like to know due to thinking i might not meet my offer:frown: Just thought i'd mention I've applied for Business Management too, with Liverpool firmed and MMU as insurance!
Reply 797
has anyone heard from UOL about edibility for bursaries and scholarships?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by F3MBC
AAA

I actually finished college in 2012, I had three years out learning to fly and just pissing about flying for 3 years, so that's why I got my unconditional so early.

Has anyone had any info sent through the post to them after forming an unconditional from UoL as I've had nothing sent through after firming them on UCAS?

Exactly the same boat! I left 6th form last year with 3 A's and deferred entry to this year but since then any information I've needed, I've had to chase up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all!!!

is there any postgrads who's going to study petroleum reservoir geoscience ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending