The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

:woo: New Thread :woo:

:animal: Were a very friendly bunch, though be careful of a resident wolf, it can get over excited at times! :animal:

Messages and Helpful Advice

Moodgym
is a free online CBT program for people with anxiety and depression.

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health?

Use this great tool here to help you prepare Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

(Got something you thing would be useful here - quote me and I will add it!)

Moderation Message:

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

Please note that intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread. If you see a post containing intolerance or discrimination, please use the report function to bring it to our attention, and please refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask a Health & Relationships Moderator, and a moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just fyi...it should be XIV not XIIII :wink:
New thread :woo:

It's got that new-thread smell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Sabertooth
Just fyi...it should be XIV not XIIII :wink:

i dont do roman numerals :nah:
you can edit it and push it back through though :yep:
Ooooh new thread!
Reply 5
Original post by Odd socks
New thread :woo:

It's got that new-thread smell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SweetNothing
Ooooh new thread!

shiny shiny :biggrin:

and no more auto anon :woo:
SweetNothing
That sounds quite fun! Do they not have an email or anything that you can ask them if you can try out another day?

They have a website so I'll look and see in the morning :smile: it looks really fun and I've been wanting to get fit. Plus roller skates are fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
shiny shiny :biggrin:

and no more auto anon :woo:

Thank god for that! Auto anon was getting annoying :tongue:

They have a website so I'll look and see in the morning :smile: it looks really fun and I've been wanting to get fit. Plus roller skates are fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Won't hurt to at least ask :smile: Good luck with it! It would be fun

Anyway, things hopefully are looking up for me, just as long as i don't get a big wave of sadness hitting me.
Wooo new thread :smile:
Reply 9
Thank god for that! Auto anon was getting annoying :tongue: .

yep! especially as i dont have the script anymore as i dont know how to do it on firefox :sad:

printed off the cover sheets for my file so thats making me a bit less panicky as at least my file is coming together.

got 8 more entries to do after iv finished this one (done 6 incl. this one) then got 5 changes/additions to my essay to do.
might do the essay tomorrow, then the rest of the diaries saturday night/sunday

still really worried im going to run out of time :s-smilie:
New Thread :biggrin: :woo:

Sorry to everyone for being rubbish at replying/posting recently :s-smilie: I don't know why at all :sad: And then whenever I do I post a ton on comparatively minor bleh-ness in my own life :s-smilie:

Spoiler

ScaryScience
off to A&E. im a ****ing idiot.

:jumphug: Not an idiot at all :nah: :hugs: Hope you're okay :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
:party::party::party:

New thread means Mexican wave time!
yep! especially as i dont have the script anymore as i dont know how to do it on firefox :sad:

printed off the cover sheets for my file so thats making me a bit less panicky as at least my file is coming together.

got 8 more entries to do after iv finished this one (done 6 incl. this one) then got 5 changes/additions to my essay to do.
might do the essay tomorrow, then the rest of the diaries saturday night/sunday

still really worried im going to run out of time :s-smilie:

There was a script for it?

And I don't know if this will help at all but if you know roughly how long things should take write a timetable of your day(s) and then plan out when to do things, thats what i did with my college work and I got it all done.
I wish i knew why i avoid sleep so much when im awake....but when im in bed i avoid getting up :s-smilie: I don't like being awake or asleep.

Even though i know what i should do to get better...i just don't do it, i've been to a lot of therapy but whats the point if i can't do anything with what i know? Its like a part of me just wants to stay miserable, is that how im supposed to be? It's as if my misery is too big a part of me to ever be rid of.

I shouldn't even feel this wretched, i was raised by good parents and even though my early years looked somewhat promising, i have amounted to nothing. Not allowed to talk about much of it here, but i've made so many mistakes, time and time again.
Reply 14
In.
Original post by samba
In.

Hey :smile: how are you btw? Not seen you around lately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
There was a script for it?

And I don't know if this will help at all but if you know roughly how long things should take write a timetable of your day(s) and then plan out when to do things, thats what i did with my college work and I got it all done.

in robs sig theres like a thing you can download to get rid of auto anon, i used to have it until my chrome broke, and i dont know how to do it for fire fow :sad:

its however long my motivation holds. i used to be able to do 4 in a night, but my motivation is **** nowadays and can do 2 or 3 in a night. so realistically having tomorrow night and sunday will be enough for the diaries, but then i have these 5 changes to do on my essay aswell, but then i dont know if i have enough words for them, and urgh.
Thinking I should start a diary/journal thing. Like, just for thoughts similar to this post, that no-one actually cares about but I need to get down it say somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
in robs sig theres like a thing you can download to get rid of auto anon, i used to have it until my chrome broke, and i dont know how to do it for fire fow :sad:

its however long my motivation holds. i used to be able to do 4 in a night, but my motivation is **** nowadays and can do 2 or 3 in a night. so realistically having tomorrow night and sunday will be enough for the diaries, but then i have these 5 changes to do on my essay aswell, but then i dont know if i have enough words for them, and urgh.

I know that feeling of having no motivation, you can do it! Good Luck!
Reply 19
Hey :smile: how are you btw? Not seen you around lately

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm alright thanks :smile: Kinda up and down though, trying to sort out relationships and prepare for uni! Still finding it very hard to force myself not to drift away from people I'm close to. Staying clear of the thread in general as I just seem to piss everybody off, but have it flagged in case of emergencies :p:

How about yourself?

Latest