The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

I haven't seen one of these for this year yet.
I'm getting 2 papers remarked, both Government and Politics Edexcel, where I scraped 2 D's, yet I was getting high A's in all work before, and in the past paper mock where I did no revision. Some people say my teachers were lenient, but I had one of them last year for GCSE history and his marking is dead on (he's now head of department at another school).

Anyone else getting remarks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imadinosaur2213
I haven't seen one of these for this year yet.
I'm getting 2 papers remarked, both Government and Politics Edexcel, where I scraped 2 D's, yet I was getting high A's in all work before, and in the past paper mock where I did no revision. Some people say my teachers were lenient, but I had one of them last year for GCSE history and his marking is dead on (he's now head of department at another school).

Anyone else getting remarks?

Hi :smile: I am getting Government & Politics AS Edexcel remarked too! I got a C in people and politics and an E in the second paper when I have been getting As all year round! Hopefully there will be some improvement with the remarks as I didn't actually think that the paper went that badly??!!
Original post by fskilloran
Hi :smile: I am getting Government & Politics AS Edexcel remarked too! I got a C in people and politics and an E in the second paper when I have been getting As all year round! Hopefully there will be some improvement with the remarks as I didn't actually think that the paper went that badly??!!

My dad used to work for Edexcel... apparently half the examiners are just, well... not too great (nicest way to put it).

What other subjects did you take?
I'm remarking Chem unit 5. Just 3 raw marks from an A*. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Not getting a remark but getting the script. I essentially 3 grades below my predicted in Computer Science (High A to Bottom C - narrowly missing a D) haha. On the mock I got a high B with no revision, so I don't get how I did that.

I also just did a theory paper to see how bad I actually was and got 87% so I still can't believe I got such a bad grade. :tongue:

Fingers crossed the exam boards messed up, eh?
Original post by TheKingOfTSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, hope you get it!

When do you find out what you got?
Original post by El-Presidente
Not getting a remark but getting the script. I essentially 3 grades below my predicted in Computer Science (High A to Bottom C - narrowly missing a D) haha. On the mock I got a high B with no revision, so I don't get how I did that.

I also just did a theory paper to see how bad I actually was and got 87% so I still can't believe I got such a bad grade. :tongue:

Fingers crossed the exam boards messed up, eh?

yeah, I opened my results and checked the name and everything on top.
was that OCR by any chance?
Original post by Imadinosaur2213
My dad used to work for Edexcel... apparently half the examiners are just, well... not too great (nicest way to put it).

What other subjects did you take?

I took English literature, History, French and Critical Thinking :smile: you?

I was so upset but apparently there have been a lot of problems with Edexcel so maybe there is still hope :smile:
Yep, history paper also with Edexcel, and a similar situation, the mark is far lower than any I've had in class and my teacher marks very harshly.
I hate to see other people with similar problems, it feels really crap because I just can't settle into my results, but it's quite reassuring at the same time to see that it's not me, best of luck to everyone!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Edexcel C3 - 88 ums (2 more and I'd get the A* overall) I was certain I'd get near enough full UMS according to the grade boundaries
AQA Physics unit 5 - D grade when I was getting A's before..
AQA Chem unit 2, 4, 5 - got lower in unit 2 than last year despite revising very well for it and it all being carried over into A2 anyway.. seems very off!
Unit 4 and 5 had lower grades than expected and lower marks when i checked the grade boundaries, something seems very off!
AQA ECON 2 - D (58)

AQA ECON 4 - C (64)

I'm 9 ums off an A in Economics and just need at least 80 ums in unit 4 to get an A* overall. Hopefully my marks will go up.

Does anyone know how long priority remarks take?
Original post by Bushido Brown
AQA ECON 2 - D (58)

AQA ECON 4 - C (64)

I'm 9 ums off an A in Economics and just need at least 80 ums in unit 4 to get an A* overall. Hopefully my marks will go up.

Does anyone know how long priority remarks take?

Hey! I was 3 UMS off an A in AQA Economics.

I got:

ECON1: B
ECON2: A
ECON3: A
ECON 4: C

Do you think its worth getting remarked?
Original post by TheKingOfTSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm remarking CHEM4 - just 4 raw marks from an A*! My medical school place depends on it. Are you going for a priority or standard remark?
So I'm having all my subjects remarked! AQA and OCR - does anyone know how long priority remarks usually take and if they ever come through on the weekend?
Original post by TheBBQ
Edexcel C3 - 88 ums (2 more and I'd get the A* overall) I was certain I'd get near enough full UMS according to the grade boundaries
AQA Physics unit 5 - D grade when I was getting A's before..
AQA Chem unit 2, 4, 5 - got lower in unit 2 than last year despite revising very well for it and it all being carried over into A2 anyway.. seems very off!
Unit 4 and 5 had lower grades than expected and lower marks when i checked the grade boundaries, something seems very off!

I thought the same of my CHEM4/5 too. CHEM 4 was my worst exam I sat this year yet I got higher than what I did in CHEM5, which was my best exam! Is your uni place dependent on these remarks?
Reply 15
Original post by James3110
I thought the same of my CHEM4/5 too. CHEM 4 was my worst exam I sat this year yet I got higher than what I did in CHEM5, which was my best exam! Is your uni place dependent on these remarks?

Yep. i knew the organic inside out and I was getting A/A* for unit 4 and A/B for unit 5.
Erm not really for chemistry, but Physics yes. I lost out my Maths/Physics place at Birmingham so I'm going to Bristol instead. I've e-mailed the admissions tutor stating that I'm getting a remark and asking if they'd let me on if my grades went up to what they wanted.
Original post by AzadRiaz96
Hey! I was 3 UMS off an A in AQA Economics.

I got:

ECON1: B
ECON2: A
ECON3: A
ECON 4: C

Do you think its worth getting remarked?

It depends on your ums and whether or not you think you should have done better.
Well my med school place at Newcastle depends on a remark of my AQA INFO03 exam... I got AABB and in INFO 03 i somehow got a C in that paper even though i didnt feel it went badly and i was getting straight As in mocks... I was 8 UMS off the A grade boundary overall which is 4 raw marks and as ICT is quite subjective (very essay based with large mark bands) I'm hoping my priority remark improves my overall grade to an A which would give me my place at uni... Wish all of you the best of luck i know how bad it feels
Reply 18
I got my results on Thursday and I got AAA but I'm thinking of getting a few remarks. I've secured my uni place but I kinda just want closure on whether I got an A* or not because I really hoping on beating my predicted grades of AAA so that I could take a gap year and reapply for either UCL and Imperial for chemistry (leaning towards chemistry but maybe physics) and when I worked out my averages, they were really close to 90% so it really bugs me.
Maths (OCR MEI) A, C3 - 96/100, C4 - 81/100 - I've already put remarks (C4 is priority) in for both as my average 88.5% -
Chemistry (OCR) A, F324 - 86/90, F325 - 124/150, F326 - 54/60 that is 89% - I've put both F324 (normal) and F325 (priority) in for remarks.

I haven't put physics (AQA PHYSICS A - overall grade A) in for remark yet but I got: PHA4 - 105/120 PHA5D - 98/120 PHA6T - 60/60 that is 87.7%, should I put PHA4 and PHA5D for remarks?

What's the likelihood of these remarks actually being successful? Should I also remark physics?

I'm just so confused :s-smilie:
Original post by fskilloran
I took English literature, History, French and Critical Thinking :smile: you?

I was so upset but apparently there have been a lot of problems with Edexcel so maybe there is still hope :smile:

I'm doing physics, english lang and maths. One of my maths papers doesn't seem right, so I'm going to get it remarked. I somehow got much lower than in the one where I walked out of it nearly in tears not having answered 2 long questions...

Quick Reply

Latest