The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
katie_m4
I was just wondering if anyone is going to read the stuff they suggest in that green guide? There's loads on mine and its only a month till we go now :s-smilie: x

I wasn't planning on reading any of the preparotary reading before getting there i havent even got any books for the english degree!

anybody been sent reading lists or brought books suggested in the green book?!
fingers crossed we wont b the only ones not prepared!

x
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I've bought 2 criminology books off the green book list and 'the oxford dictionary of law' just to help with my other course. I think it'll make it easier looking through ... even if its only at the interesting pages :smile:

Ems x
I am doing linguistics but haven't done eng lang @ A Level so i figured it was best to do some reading (as instructed!!) It's v interesting but hard to find the time to read it...
I would say that if you're studying something you've not done before then some prep reading isn't abad idea. But with Economics the whole of first year was stuff I aleady knew at least the basics of.

First year shouldn't be too tough, and you don't want to be bored with the lectures because you already know everything, so I wouldn't be stressed about missing any of the reading out :wink:
Reply 5
Are we meant to read these books before we arrive or during our course?
Reply 6
i can't find the books without having to buy them
Reply 7
Oh good I'm glad someone else isn't. I'll try and start but the list is really long :frown:
kestral
i can't find the books without having to buy them

yeah me too! and the books are really expensive!
Reply 9
simatemcprimate
yeah me too! and the books are really expensive!

Tell me about it!:eek:

One of the books they asked me to get for my course is 30 quid at some stores!

Thankfully, managed to find one on ebay for 2 quid :smile:
Reply 10
dont worry about the reading no one i knew did any b4 uni
Should I be worried that for my course there is no prior reading and there doesnt appear to be a reading list....(Im doing Marketing btw!!)
Can anyone help!!
Reply 12
1987 Naomi
Should I be worried that for my course there is no prior reading and there doesnt appear to be a reading list....(Im doing Marketing btw!!)
Can anyone help!!

Be glad - you have less work to do!

You'll soon be told if there is a course text, or reading to do. I'm doing minor in Marketing for part 2, and there is no reading, but there is a course text.

Latest

Trending

Trending