The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I moved from a C to an A* :biggrin:
Its more easier to move from C to A* than C to A.

Cause to move from C to A means to get more than 90% in A2 which gets you the A* :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got a C last year in AS and got an A this year at A2 by resitting both my AS exams, it's achievable!
Reply 4
Original post by Rebecca1403
How difficult is it to move from C in AS to A in A-Level?

Hi this is 100% possible, if you are determined then it is. You just have to retake both of your AS units and revise everything thoroughly inside and out. You cannot and I repeat cannot afford to gamble you have to revise all topics. Just do the same for A2 and have that commitment and you will be fine.

I hope I helped
Reply 5
It won't be easy at all but it is very possible. No more fun in the common room!
Last year in edexcel biology I got a b in unit 1. And Ds in unit 2 and my coursework; which overall was a C.

Retook the D exam and this year got 118/120 = A
Redid my cow and got 37/40 = A

Worked my a** off at A2 and that I ended up with an A overall (5 ums off my bloody a* which I aim to achieve over the next year) but it is still far from my previous ugly C. Lol

All you need to do is retake the exams that let you down the most and calculate how these will allow you to achieve the necessary UCAS points for an A grade at AS and then this will make it easier to achieve the A at A2 because A2 is significantly harder.
In saying that once you start studying A2 AS becomes a lot easier to understand and your more likely to ace the exam.
Reply 6
Does anyone know if moving from a D in Geography AS to an A in my A level would be possible? I was genuinely shocked and devestated at getting a D, I have no idea how it happened, I was getting As and Bs in mocks and past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thank you all so much! If I got in the region of 135 UMS what would I need in total in my A2 Year to achieve an A. I really want to study Law but I have had a blip during this year and sadly not achieved the grades I hoped for... How do I get my teachers to predict higher grades?
How difficult is it to move from C in AS to A in A-Level?

I got a C in English Language at AS and moved to an A in a-level.

I got a B in coursework and a D in the exam, retook the exam this year and got an A, got an A in the coursework and exam this year.
Just really put your head down and revise the curriculum and don't be afraid to bring outside knowledge it gets you marks because it shows you have done research.

If it is something like Maths then move to Eton and they'll get someone to sit your A-level for you.
Might not be thread poster but this has reassured me so much! Ended up with a C in my Chemistry AS and need at least a B but really want an A so I'm resitting all modules next year ( C, C, D unit results in order) so thank you so much guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I went from a D to an A. So dont worry..
Reply 11
How do teachers predict grades for A2?
How do teachers predict grades for A2?

I heard they go one grade upwards according to a few people on TSR to be realistic on applications. Dunno how true that is, I remember getting a C I think in AS History, was predicted an A but I got a B. Right in between.
Original post by Ms Mensah
It won't be easy at all but it is very possible. No more fun in the common room!
Last year in edexcel biology I got a b in unit 1. And Ds in unit 2 and my coursework; which overall was a C.

Retook the D exam and this year got 118/120 = A
Redid my cow and got 37/40 = A

Worked my a** off at A2 and that I ended up with an A overall (5 ums off my bloody a* which I aim to achieve over the next year) but it is still far from my previous ugly C. Lol

All you need to do is retake the exams that let you down the most and calculate how these will allow you to achieve the necessary UCAS points for an A grade at AS and then this will make it easier to achieve the A at A2 because A2 is significantly harder.
In saying that once you start studying A2 AS becomes a lot easier to understand and your more likely to ace the exam.

^^ this gives me hope
I also got a C biology I was devastated :frown: no idea what went wrong since I did really well in the coursework (got an A) thought I could at least get a B. Ah well. I'm determined to turn that C into an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

How did you guys allocate your time whilst revising for the retakes and A2 content? And also what exactly did you do to ensure you got a better grade in the end? Any tips also? Please help! Thank you :smile:
Remeber the A2 exams are in june and AS in May so there maybe a gap to revise. I had 20 days between my AS and A2s.
I know it sounds boring but its easier to revise all year than cram last minute.
And like I said earlier A2 is so much easier if you keep your notes you will pass AS in a breeze :smug:
Depends what your breakdown is like. For AS Psychology I got an A and a D making it a C, so I resat that the D and ended up with an overall A. So check your breakdown
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Its more easier to move from C to A* than C to A.

Cause to move from C to A means to get more than 90% in A2 which gets you the A* :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was working it out and I got 71% which is a B in history so to get an A I need more or less 90% but then thats an A* does that mean I can't get an A at all
Thank you all so much! If I got in the region of 135 UMS what would I need in total in my A2 Year to achieve an A. I really want to study Law but I have had a blip during this year and sadly not achieved the grades I hoped for... How do I get my teachers to predict higher grades?

135/200? You need 320/400 for an A, so you need 185/200 next year which would actually give you an A*. It's impossible for you to get an A - it will either be B or A*.

As for increasing your grades, talk to your teachers, say what you're going to resit and ask for their honest opinion.
Original post by Ms Mensah
Remeber the A2 exams are in june and AS in May so there maybe a gap to revise. I had 20 days between my AS and A2s.
I know it sounds boring but its easier to revise all year than cram last minute.
And like I said earlier A2 is so much easier if you keep your notes you will pass AS in a breeze :smug:

Since I have around 2 weeks until September, do you think it'll be wise to revise the retake content, or A2 content? Or both? On a weekly basis, how much time did you dedicate to revising retake modules? I am hoping to retake around 4/5 modules??

Latest