The Student Room Group

Please need some advice with my AS results

Hi!
i am very disappointed with my AS results and need a little bit of advice on what to do.
so i got C for french, with the grades B and D combined to score 126 overall.
B for Media studies, with the grades A and B combined to get 151
D for English literature and language, with the grades D and D to score 106 overall
D for History, with the grades C and U overall to get 106.

i am so disappointed with what i got and need some advice:/, i was very shocked with my History because consistently when i was tested by my teacher i would get grade B, so i will probably have to retake a unit or the whole exam for history.
I didn't put as much effort into English literature and language because i focused too much on my French:frown:, so i am probably going to have to resit a unit;/
Many people say media studies is a soft subject and my family are telling me to drop Media studies even though i did better in that subject. I don't mind dropping media studies, its just that i did horrible in my other subjects and A2 will be exceptionally hard.
I am considering continuing with French, even though i was initially going to drop French after AS, but guess things have gone round...

any advice / questions plz would be appreciated :smile:
My advice is talk to your teachers. Alternatively, many sixth forms and colleges have some sort of exam support service right about now where you can ring up and get some answers.
What do you want to go into in the future? This will determine what you do next really.
Maybe if there are a few modules you are shocked with, such as the History, you could request copies of the scripts, look through them with your teacher and then if they think that you have been marked unfairly request a remark.
I am doing the same thing for two of my modules, one for History because of an unexpected result and one for Politics because I'm hoping it will give me the extra UMS I need for an A.

I'd say consider what you want to do after A2 and decide what you wish to drop from that. I got an A in Chemistry but I can't stand it and don't need it for university as I wish to study Law. I was meant to get an A in History but I got a C because of one exam, though I am going to continue with the History as although I have been told by some people to take the Chemistry I just think I am more likely to work for the History and am more willing to resit some modules if necessary that continue with a subject that I hate!

First of all check for any possibilities of remarks, and if that doesn't work then I'd say consider whether you'd be more willing to resit some modules next year in order to improve your Ds or continue with your B in media, even though it may be seen as a 'soft subject'. It all depends on what you want to do after A2!

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LouieSax
My advice is talk to your teachers. Alternatively, many sixth forms and colleges have some sort of exam support service right about now where you can ring up and get some answers.
What do you want to go into in the future? This will determine what you do next really.

thank you for the reply:smile: i am not too sure what i want to study at university but i was considering history..
actually, ive been trying to work out whether there are exam support services to contact so i could spk to them on the phone, but had no luck? thank u very much though
Reply 4
Original post by maiisiie08
Maybe if there are a few modules you are shocked with, such as the History, you could request copies of the scripts, look through them with your teacher and then if they think that you have been marked unfairly request a remark.
I am doing the same thing for two of my modules, one for History because of an unexpected result and one for Politics because I'm hoping it will give me the extra UMS I need for an A.

I'd say consider what you want to do after A2 and decide what you wish to drop from that. I got an A in Chemistry but I can't stand it and don't need it for university as I wish to study Law. I was meant to get an A in History but I got a C because of one exam, though I am going to continue with the History as although I have been told by some people to take the Chemistry I just think I am more likely to work for the History and am more willing to resit some modules if necessary that continue with a subject that I hate!

First of all check for any possibilities of remarks, and if that doesn't work then I'd say consider whether you'd be more willing to resit some modules next year in order to improve your Ds or continue with your B in media, even though it may be seen as a 'soft subject'. It all depends on what you want to do after A2!

Hope this helps. :smile:

Thank you for the advice!yes i will probably try to see if i can get it remarked or a copy sent. And i was also considering retaking units in history and english, so thanksss!

Quick Reply

Latest